Community Forum

Looking for Other Opinions

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for Other Opinions

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: The mare, a brown dun

and her son, a bay dun

but that may lead to even more difficult typing, since dun dilutes color as well. I do not recall if they're homo- or hetro- for dun.
Actually, dun is the one dilute I don't have in my pearl lines yet. :lol: I'd love to take the mare if you don't need her anymore.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
Actually, dun is the one dilute I don't have in my pearl lines yet. :lol: I'd love to take the mare if you don't need her anymore.
She's not giving me what I want, so I think I have to get a new WAB to fulfill the quest. I'll put her up and the moment she drops this foal (hoping she drops the nigerian), I'll accept your request.

Not concerned over price, not in need of any money, so whatever, a dollar is just fine. She is pushing 21 years, after all.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1188415
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: She's not giving me what I want, so I think I have to get a new WAB to fulfill the quest. I'll put her up and the moment she drops this foal (hoping she drops the nigerian), I'll accept your request.

Not concerned over price, not in need of any money, so whatever, a dollar is just fine. She is pushing 21 years, after all.

Offer sent. I hope she gives you what you need!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: She's not giving me what I want, so I think I have to get a new WAB to fulfill the quest. I'll put her up and the moment she drops this foal (hoping she drops the nigerian), I'll accept your request.

Offer sent. I hope she gives you what you need!
Indeed! I've been rebreeding her way.... to often.
It'll at least be sometime tomorrow, I'm just about ready to give up for the night.

I am interested in what your stud throws as well, but I'm sure you already realized that. :D
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: Indeed! I've been rebreeding her way.... to often.
It'll at least be sometime tomorrow, I'm just about ready to give up for the night.

I am interested in what your stud throws as well, but I'm sure you already realized that. :D
I'll let you know! I'm slogging it out tonight until they drop since I most likely won't have to go to class tomorrow (we're getting a freaky-crazy storm o_o).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Indeed! I've been rebreeding her way.... to often.

I'll let you know! I'm slogging it out tonight until they drop since I most likely won't have to go to class tomorrow (we're getting a freaky-crazy storm o_o).
Thanks!
Just wind and rain here... but possible gusts up to 80 miles per hour... I think that's what they said.
Electricity keeps threatening to go out... but so far, I'm still up.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: Thanks!
Just wind and rain here... but possible gusts up to 80 miles per hour... I think that's what they said.
Electricity keeps threatening to go out... but so far, I'm still up.
I'm probably a bit further north than you - we're also supposed to get blustery snow and ice.

Welp, he ain't chestnut-based. :roll: He just threw a silver black foal from a chestnut mare. So I guess he's Ee Aa. Here's the foal:

So I guess that would mean he's Silver Amber Pearl? Or possibly Silver Amber Cream Pearl?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote: I'm probably a bit further north than you - we're also supposed to get blustery snow and ice.

Welp, he ain't chestnut-based. *eyeroll* He just threw a silver black foal from a chestnut mare. So I guess he's Ee Aa. Here's the foal:

So I guess that would mean he's Silver Amber Pearl? Or possibly Silver Amber Cream Pearl?
There is a very slim chance that foal is brown.
Though lighter than your foal, I had this one from a silver line.
Grew up to look like this:
But then again this horse was also affected by dun.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/746981

Your colt certainly looks sliver black to me too.

Maybe he's wild bay. Wild bay has really short areas on their ankles and may be entirely disguised. That would explain a black foal from a chestnut and a bay foal from a brown and also would explain why he doesn't appear to have agouti expressing itself.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:
There is a very slim chance that foal is brown.
Though lighter than your foal, I had this one from a silver line.
Grew up to look like this:
But then again this horse was also affected by dun.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/746981

Your colt certainly looks sliver black to me too.

Maybe he's wild bay. Wild bay has really short areas on their ankles and may be entirely disguised. That would explain a black foal from a chestnut and a bay foal from a brown and also would explain why he doesn't appear to have agouti expressing itself.
I guess we'll see on his first birthday. After which I'll rehome him since I don't actually need him for anything.

I'm going to keep breeding Golden Lasso with undiluted chestnuts until I feel more certain about what's going on with him. One thing's for sure, he's one horse that would really like genetic testing. XD
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

Also, I keep forgetting to ask - what do you think of this horse? I know he's double pearl on black, but do you think he also has dun? If he does it's super faint. And if so, which parent do you think he got it from?

⇒ɱρξ⇐ Blitz
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:05 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:05 am