Community Forum

Welcome Beta Testers!

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Welcome Beta Testers!

Post by larissar »

Welcome to the beta testing period of the game.

This post will explain all the basics of the game, how to play, and what to expect during the beta period. I will expand upon each section shortly but for the moment here is a summary

GAME STATUS:
It is important to remember that the game is not finished. We had hoped to have quite a bit more finished before entering the beta period but we decided that instead of making everyone wait another month or two, we would just get the basics in place so you can try out the game.
Yes there are bugs, the are probably quite a few minor layout related bugs, css errors, broken image links, etc. Over the next two weeks I'll be cleaning these up and fixing all the game-related bugs you manage to find.
The whole point here is too see if we can break the game, the more things we break the better.
After about 2 weeks we'll reset the entire game. This means deleting all your horses etc. So please don't get too attached to them yet :)

GAMEPLAY BASICS:
- The game is time based and turn based. You have virtual days that begin at 6am and end at 10pm, although you can end your day earlier if you have nothing left to do.
- To advance to the next day (turn) you click on the clock in the top right corner.
- You earn a new 'day' every 5 minutes up to a maximum of 12 stored days. The green counter above the clock indicates how many days you have remaining.
- Horses age at a rate of 2 weeks each day

TRAINING HORSES
- To train your horse visit the training tab on your horses page
- Select your chosen Terrain, Gait and Duration
- The Activity buttons will change from Red-Outlined to Solid-Red for activities that are too difficult for your horse to perform
- You need to train your horse slowly at first to build up his stamina and fitness
- More information on the training system will come soon

BREEDING
- You may only breed with your own horses at the moment, very soon we'll have breeding to other stallions available
- You can breed from either the mare or the stallions page by pressing the Breed Horse button
- Mares must be at least 4 years old to breed and stallions must be at least 3 years old
- Foals take approx 11 virtual months before they are born. This works out to about 22 turns although some foals are born sooner and other longer.

PLAYER SKILLS
- You have to learn new abilities in order to expand your farm and your player
- I suggest starting with the Horse Ownership skills in order to own more horses
- More information on player skills will come soon

FARM BUILDING
- Your farm starts with a single pasture capable of holding about 10 horses
- You must purchase additional pasture to have room for more horses
- Pastures are purchased from the market and placed into your farm from the My Farm page
- There is a limit to how many pastures you can have on your farm
- Upgrading your farm will allow you to place more pastures
- Barns are not currently functional
- Farm upgrading is also not function yet
- More information on farm building coming soon

Any questions please ask, we are very friendly and helpful.
Quest
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Welcome Beta Testers!

Post by Quest »

Hi! Just posting saying thank you. I am one of the new Beta Testers. :)
Macabo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Macabo »

Welcome new Beta Testers! Will be fun with some new players around here, and hopefully we will get to know each other soon!
Rhapsody
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Rhapsody »

Thanks for the run down. I'm so excited to be here finally! :D
Arrya
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Arrya »

Oh thx I just remembered why I actually was so fscinated with the game in the first place. I love seeing my horses put muscels on and growing big bellies when pregnant... and still so much to discover....
Quest
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Quest »

Oh. Haha. Hi all!
Just thought I would say hello through here too since I am a BT as well. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 12:17 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:17 pm