Community Forum

Energy, Training, and Body Condition

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Jorlana
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Energy, Training, and Body Condition

Post by Jorlana »

A couple of random questions:

1) Regarding energy are we supposed to use every bit of it we can every day or keep some in reserve to avoid health issues?
2) My fatigue keeps climbing as I train. Right now it's in the teens on most of my horses, when is it dangerous and how do I lower it?
3) My horses are all getting fat and I'm not sure why. I use almost all of their energy every day before I advance, but I must be missing something.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Energy, Training, and Body Condition

Post by Argent »

1) Not sure if there really is a "supposed to" for this one. I usually use as much as possible, but if your horse isn't eating enough to support that level of work, you'll get a message saying as much when you take a turn. I imagine performance will decrease if the horse continues to not get enough fuel. Eventually we'll have more complex feeding systems (I think!) to facilitate heavy training schedules. Horses should also have different muscle groups rested, iirc, which can be done by skipping a training day, or training for different stats.
2)Fatigue is fussing right now; I've rested horses for years and it hasn't gone done. Larissa will fix this. Again,you can make it go down by a full days rest iirc.
3) HWO has really lush pastures! This is just an issue with how they're set up at the moment, I think.
Jorlana
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Jorlana »

Thanks for the quick response Argent!

I won't worry about my chubby, lazy ponies for now. :)

I'm trying to figure out the best training rotation for new horses to maximize each day without injuries but I'm having trouble zeroing in on it. Any words of wisdom on that?
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

That's really tough because each day of training increases the horse's capabilities just a little bit. When I train I train for what I want and then use lunging at the walk/arena for 5 minute increments until my horse is super tired.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I'm actually more of a breeder than a competitor, so I honestly haven't used the training function very much in the time I've been testing. Once I've got all the data and notes I want sorted out for other aspects of the game, I'll move on to the training part. I do know that it's good to start with lunging to build up stamina so you can train more intense exercises.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 10:46 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:46 am