Community Forum

【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 18)

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 18)

Post by Ziel »

Welcome to my color help thread!

This is the thread is MAINLY for myself, to ask for help with my horse’s colors.
HOWEVER, in the second post, I will drop some links to some abnormal horses who’s colors have been determined / have not yet been added to this color guide, to help out other players somewhat. :)

I may or may not put together a more complete color guide in the future, to replace / update the out-of-date / non-updated guides, because I’m one of those people who’s irritated by incomplete guides. :lol:

PLEASE QUOTE ME!
I might not see your reply otherwise!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————

【NEED HELP WITH】
Updated Sept 18 2018

【ℤA】Forever Statue - I THINK he’s Metallic Silver Sable Champagne Blanket, but I’m not really sure. Could he be some pearl combination?

Last edited by Ziel on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

【ℤA】Color Help: Weird Color Examples

Post by Ziel »

Here are some examples of weird / uncommon color combinations I’ve figured out.

PLEASE NOTE: I am no expert, and always learning! If you have another perspective on what these colors may be, let me know your thoughts / reasoning! I’m simply including this as a resource for myself / new players. :)

Bright Chestnut Dun - This boy is VERY light in color compared to other Chestnuts!

FAKE GRULLO (Sooty Brown Dun) - This horse is VERY dark brown, and her sooty marking presents on her belly rather than her back, which almost completely hides her light belly markings that indicate her as Brown.

Silver Amber Champagne
Silver Amber Champagne Pangare
Metallic Silver Amber Champagne

Classic Cream Blanket

Cremello Champagne Blanket Tigereye
Sooty Cremello Champagne Blanket Tigereye (8yr Varnish)

Palomino Pearl Champagne Snowflake (Faint Snowflake on face)
Last edited by Ziel on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Color Help! (Updated Sept 6th)

Post by Ziel »

Thread now open!!
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 6th)

Post by Ziel »

Bump, STILL NEED HELP! ;o;
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Ziel wrote:.
Honor No Bounty - I'm actually thinking amber champagne pangaré tiger eye and no dun. I see no indication of primitives whatsoever; no dorsal and no tiger stripes on the legs. EDIT: Actually, I'm very, very unsure about this guy because his pangáre is so extreme it obscures where there would be a lower face mask if he was dun. I'd say breed him to a couple of non-dun mares and see if he throws dun, or wait and see if someone else has a clearer answer. He's 50/50 to me ;)

March Pirate - Definitely amber champagne dun :)

Also (It's a bit hard to judge due to the quality of the photos), I think both of the cremello champagnes you've linked are tiger eye.
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Aela wrote: Honor No Bounty - I'm actually thinking amber champagne pangaré tiger eye and no dun. I see no indication of primitives whatsoever; no dorsal and no tiger stripes on the legs. EDIT: Actually, I'm very, very unsure about this guy because his pangáre is so extreme it obscures where there would be a lower face mask if he was dun. I'd say breed him to a couple of non-dun mares and see if he throws dun, or wait and see if someone else has a clearer answer. He's 50/50 to me ;)

March Pirate - Definitely amber champagne dun :)

Also (It's a bit hard to judge due to the quality of the photos), I think both of the cremello champagnes you've linked are tiger eye.
Thanks for your input! I checked the Cremellos and they do appear to be Tigereye as well!

Also, Honor no Bounty is a Mare, and I have no intention of breeding her again myself :lol:
HOWEVER, it does certainly appear that she has heavy pangare as mentioned! Double-checking her older photos, I’d doubt she carries Dun, but she certainly could.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 10)

Post by Ziel »

Bump, added two new babes I need help with!
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Ziel wrote:

【ℤA】Whispering Steam
chestnuts are not my strong suit, but normally the really bright white Color Comes from chestnut with champagne (not sure if one or two) and one cream and one Pearl (her dam was a classic cream - shown by her first pale eyes that turned dark later on - and gave one cr and possibly one ch; the sire gave one ch) Steam has rather pale freckles that indicate that it is not a double pearl and because of his sire ist not exactly possible, so a palomino Pearl champagne is the only conclusion i think makes sense. His gen-coding sould be something like
e/e
a/A, a/At or a/a
Ch/Ch or Ch/n
Cr/prl
(also possibly a hidden silver from his sire and just the varnish of Lp - but that I'm really unsure about)
Ziel wrote:

【ℤA】Ticker Imagination = Cream Grullo?
.[/center]
Definitly a Grullo - but he looks a bit to brownish to me, smokys are more gray so just Black Dun/Grullo i think; (on a sidenote, his dam Rock'n'Roll isn't grullo but a Brown dun, her foal pictures clearly show her with mealy and the caracteristic warm spots near her flanks and belly, she could have sooty because she darkens to that degree)
so somothing along
E/e or E/E
a/a
D/d
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Nazarach wrote:

【ℤA】Whispering Steam

chestnuts are not my strong suit, but normally the really bright white Color Comes from chestnut with champagne (not sure if one or two) and one cream and one Pearl (her dam was a classic cream - shown by her first pale eyes that turned dark later on - and gave one cr and possibly one ch; the sire gave one ch) Steam has rather pale freckles that indicate that it is not a double pearl and because of his sire ist not exactly possible, so a palomino Pearl champagne is the only conclusion i think makes sense. His gen-coding sould be something like
e/e
a/A, a/At or a/a
Ch/Ch or Ch/n
Cr/prl
(also possibly a hidden silver from his sire and just the varnish of Lp - but that I'm really unsure about)
Thanks so much for your input! I wasn't totally sure how to fit the different dilutions together to get that kinda result. :lol: That being said - we won't know if he has any LP varnishing until he's older! That much I know from having had many LP horses. ;)
Nazarach wrote:

【ℤA】Ticker Imagination = Cream Grullo?

Definitly a Grullo - but he looks a bit to brownish to me, smokys are more gray so just Black Dun/Grullo i think; (on a sidenote, his dam Rock'n'Roll isn't grullo but a Brown dun, her foal pictures clearly show her with mealy and the caracteristic warm spots near her flanks and belly, she could have sooty because she darkens to that degree)
so somothing along
E/e or E/E
a/a
D/d
I checked Rock'N'Roll's progeny, and you are correct - she is a Sooty Brown Dun! However, her Sooty is from the bottom-up, as opposed to what I'm use to seeing in my lines, which is from the top-down. One of her offspring clearly shows this, as does the darkening of her underside brown.

Even on my laptop monitor, Ticker does appear to have a kind of greenish tinge to him, which is why I think he may carry Cream somehow - this tinge happens with Double Cream Duns, so I can't help but wonder if it'd show up in Smoky Black Duns as well. But for now he'll just be marked as Grullo. :)
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Re: 【ℤA】Help with color? (Updated Sept 18)

Post by Ziel »

Bump - two new boys I need help with!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 12:04 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:04 pm