Community Forum

Two Dillutes Im not sure of

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
GrimCamel
Visit My Farm

Two Dillutes Im not sure of

Post by GrimCamel »

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out these on my own if I look through previous generations but I'm pretty clueless here. I don't really understand this tobiano dapple since that colour suddenly appeared in one of my lines and I'm not sure what caused it.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1571774

This second horse I bought and I'm not sure here either other than the obvious tobiano

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1490542
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Two Dillutes Im not sure of

Post by Nazarach »

GrimCamel wrote:I'm usually pretty good at figuring out these on my own if I look through previous generations but I'm pretty clueless here. I don't really understand this tobiano dapple since that colour suddenly appeared in one of my lines and I'm not sure what caused it.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1571774

This second horse I bought and I'm not sure here either other than the obvious tobiano

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1490542
I'm not 100% sure, but the first one should be a silver smoky cream (dapples are always blacks - disregarding dapples caused by sooty which isn't the case here). I can't say for sure if it is only double cream that caused this color, cause i don't see freckles(?) that indicate champagne, and silver can turn the coat more yellowish. So it should be rather a Silver Smoky Cream Tobiano (E_ a/a Cr/Cr Z_ To_ t/N)

The second one is probably a silver brown cream with tiger eye (silver on browns turns the mane often a really light ivory) and most of the ancestors had cream, so he can only have it. the blue eyes are indicators for tiger eye. So (E_ At/a? Cr/Cr Z_ To_ t/t)

If someone wants to add to that or correct it feel free :)
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

GrimCamel wrote:.
I agree that the first one is silver smoky cream tobiano. Second one is silver brown cream tobiano, but no tiger eye. Tiger eyes are greenish, double cream eyes are blue (like this one's)
Nazarach wrote:.
As an addition to combinations that cause the yellowish dappled coats, I've found that silver black cream/pearls are very similar (Although their manes and tails are slightly darker). I think it makes sense too, since cream/pearls are regarded as pseudo double cream dilutes :)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
GrimCamel
Visit My Farm

Post by GrimCamel »

Aela wrote:
GrimCamel wrote:.
I agree that the first one is silver smoky cream tobiano. Second one is silver brown cream tobiano, but no tiger eye. Tiger eyes are greenish, double cream eyes are blue (like this one's)
Nazarach wrote:.
As an addition to combinations that cause the yellowish dappled coats, I've found that silver black cream/pearls are very similar (Although their manes and tails are slightly darker). I think it makes sense too, since cream/pearls are regarded as pseudo double cream dilutes :)
Nazarach wrote:
GrimCamel wrote:-snip-
I'm not 100% sure, but the first one should be a silver smoky cream (dapples are always blacks - disregarding dapples caused by sooty which isn't the case here). I can't say for sure if it is only double cream that caused this color, cause i don't see freckles(?) that indicate champagne, and silver can turn the coat more yellowish. So it should be rather a Silver Smoky Cream Tobiano (E_ a/a Cr/Cr Z_ To_ t/N)

The second one is probably a silver brown cream with tiger eye (silver on browns turns the mane often a really light ivory) and most of the ancestors had cream, so he can only have it. the blue eyes are indicators for tiger eye. So (E_ At/a? Cr/Cr Z_ To_ t/t)

If someone wants to add to that or correct it feel free :)
Thank you both, its very educational since I'm not very familliar with how the silver gene works with dillutes. I havent seen them irl so I wasnt sure silver affected coats already bleached by other genes.
And I agree whats said about tiger eye, these horses are not tiger eyed since double cream creates blue eyes. Thank you both for your time ^^
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 1:50 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:50 pm