Community Forum

Larissa's New Percheron and Sport Horse Breeding Program

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Larissa's New Percheron and Sport Horse Breeding Program

Post by larissar »

Starting a new thread and using my main account now instead of my test account.

I debated on trying for a different breed but in the end decided to go with Percheron's again, and then afterwards I'll work on create a nice Sport Horse.
I haven't care much for stats right now I've instead been focusing on pure aesthetics (so nice black Percherons).

This is my herd:

Hobknob
Flaxen Chestnut Belgian Stallion

Hobknob
Black Forest Horse Mare
It took me a while to find her in the adoption center. I wanted a mare who was solid black as a good foundation for the colour in my Percherons.

Ponykins
Bay Tarpan Mare
I generally don't like the way Tarpans look. I think they can be improved upon a lot with good breeding but I didn't want to focus on this so I picked a mare who wasn't quite as odd looking. She's got a bit of a long-ish back and she's passed this on to some of my herd so I'm going to have to work on breeding that out.

Beauty
Chestnut Mixed Mare
The first foal out of Hobknob and Blackie. I actually really like this mare but I don't have a lot of use for her in my breeding other than creating my first Percherons. I'll be sad to see her pass from old age.

Sir CraCra
Chestnut Mixed Stallion
The first foal out of Hobknob and Ponykins. He resembles Beauty but in brighter colours, and with a bit of the awkwardness of the Tarpan hindquarters.

Crazy Beautiful
Flaxen Chestnut Norman Cob
I'm in love with this mare. She's such a beautiful colour, and she's got quite nice conformation even though she's a daughter of Sir CraCra. She's 16h and a Norman Cob, although it took me a few breedings from her parents before I got the Cob. She's foals a Percheron filly already and she's in foal to Blacknob with high hopes for another Percheron.

Blackknob
Sealbrown Mixed Stallion
This guy is my Percheron-maker when crossed with Crazy Beautiful. He's pretty close to the conformation I want for my Perch's too although I do need to find some more horses with less ugly hind-quarters. He looks like he's got a quarter-horse bum he he.

Black Beauty
Black Percheron Filly
She's HERE! My first Percheron and she's all Black! She's only 2 months old right now but I'm really excited to see how she grows up. Her breeding report leads me to believe she's going to be strong, balanced and smart. Although no green stats herself she might still pass on decent genes. In particular I'm pleased to see that she is strong.
Killeroo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Larissa's New Percheron and Sport Horse Breeding Program

Post by Killeroo »

Wow congrats!! She's gorgeous! Sooo jealous :)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Larissa's New Percheron and Sport Horse Breeding Program

Post by larissar »

Thanks! If only I could get a colt though. Then I can have many more Percheron's running around. Getting a second sees to be more difficult!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:53 pm