Community Forum

Flaxen

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Flaxen

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arctictea wrote: Well, the first two fillies still stand for the vast majority of his grandfoals, so I hope they just plain suck and the rest of his daughters (who finally got of age) are much better and will throw me a plenthora of flaxens ;)

I'm going to breed her of course, and with a bit of luck her foals will be clear and nice. It's those light fetlocks that almost (but not quite) settle the deal for me. They look so typical flaxen.

With three potential edits we should at least write in the topic or something (not that many check the last page). I agree that the sheet is fundamental, I've been following and using it a lot. It would also be good to get a third opinion on my flaxens before we make any edits, just in case... As soon as my turks stop throwing fails.
Good luck, and I agree. At least one more opinion would be handy.
If we can get a full list completed, Argent might be willing to copy and paste on the front page. Maybe somebody that's just finished up a major project (and with a lot of saved PT) could run through the AC for about a month of stock collections to double check the genes that it produces.

Of course, we could be overlooking a much more simple and much more obvious answer. When that topic was printed, the genes written up were the only ones that the AC did produce. Since then, our admins may have updated the AC, because it wasn't accurate to what they wanted.
Either possibility is entirely feasible, I suppose.
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Okay, this is uncanny. Just for fun I tried a third Turk stallion, and he also produced a flaxen.

Mothers sire is King (the Turk that started this topic).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arctictea wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Okay, this is uncanny. Just for fun I tried a third Turk stallion, and he also produced a flaxen.

I just had a déjà vu moment. I'm suddenly reminded of another topic quite some time ago talking about... something... with AC stock.

I'm also now wondering if all chestnuts carry a flaxen... but that doesn't make sense to me. In such a case, all agouti might have to as well, then it begs the question what about the black?
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Arctictea wrote:

I just had a déjà vu moment. I'm suddenly reminded of another topic quite some time ago talking about... something... with AC stock.

I'm also now wondering if all chestnuts carry a flaxen... but that doesn't make sense to me. In such a case, all agouti might have to as well, then it begs the question what about the black?
That sounds... possibly helpful? Do you think you can find it?

If all chestnuts carry flaxen then something is broken. It's supposed to be inherited separate after all. But just on the off chance, I'm going to breed through all my saved chestnut Turk stallions (I picked up a handful of them for future dapple project, dapples are quite visible on chestnut).

Not that it's easy to prove absence of recessives...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arctictea wrote:

If all chestnuts carry flaxen then something is broken. It's supposed to be inherited separate after all. But just on the off chance, I'm going to breed through all my saved chestnut Turk stallions (I picked up a handful of them for future dapple project, dapples are quite visible on chestnut).

I just ran a check through what I think it might've been, but I didn't come across it. I'm sure I posted in it, but I didn't come across it.

I went back and scanned through all of my posts from the end of 2017 back to when this account signed up and I didn't find it. So, I don't know what it was, which forum it was posted in, or what it referenced exactly.

So I couldn't find it...
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Arctictea wrote:[horse=][/horse]

I just ran a check through what I think it might've been, but I didn't come across it. I'm sure I posted in it, but I didn't come across it.

I went back and scanned through all of my posts from the end of 2017 back to when this account signed up and I didn't find it. So, I don't know what it was, which forum it was posted in, or what it referenced exactly.

So I couldn't find it...
Wow. I'm impressed by your hard work! A shame it didn't turn up though. :|

I keep getting fails after fails. Oh, and the foal between one of the carriers and the caspian mare that had like 50% chance (maybe) of being a flaxen was a spectatular fail.

He's basically inverted of what I wanted :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arctictea wrote:

I keep getting fails after fails. Oh, and the foal between one of the carriers and the caspian mare that had like 50% chance (maybe) of being a flaxen was a spectatular fail.

There wasn't too many to go through, I know the topic had more than just a short handful of replies, so I could easily skip all of those.
I also just finished up looking through my other account and came up empty as well, so maybe I didn't post on it like I thought I did. Funny how déjà vu works.

So it is a big shame. *sigh*

May be a color fail, but that's still a nice looking dun rendition on that chestnut coat!
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Arctictea wrote:

There wasn't too many to go through, I know the topic had more than just a short handful of replies, so I could easily skip all of those.
I also just finished up looking through my other account and came up empty as well, so maybe I didn't post on it like I thought I did. Funny how déjà vu works.

So it is a big shame. *sigh*

May be a color fail, but that's still a nice looking dun rendition on that chestnut coat!
Yep, when bred with a homozygotus flaxen the caspian mare gave this filly:

So she's most likely a flaxen. The Turks keep giving fails when breeding within themselves, but I'm trudging on...

Fourth Turk stallion that I've checked for flaxen, and fourth flaxen foal:

Now I really do find it odd we haven't seen flaxen Turks in the AC!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Arctictea wrote:
Yep, when bred with a homozygotus flaxen the caspian mare gave this filly:

So she's most likely a flaxen. The Turks keep giving fails when breeding within themselves, but I'm trudging on...

Fourth Turk stallion that I've checked for flaxen, and fourth flaxen foal:

Now I really do find it odd we haven't seen flaxen Turks in the AC!
It must be you! :lol:

Sorry, that just hit me. You're a flaxen magnet right now.

I keep visiting the AC and scanning through those turks, but like you, still haven't seen any flaxens.

I just took a look through the sales ads for AC turks and found a few chestnuts. But again, none of them are flaxen.
Arctictea
KS Backer
KS Backer
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Arctictea »

BlackOak2 wrote:
It must be you! :lol:

Sorry, that just hit me. You're a flaxen magnet right now.

I keep visiting the AC and scanning through those turks, but like you, still haven't seen any flaxens.

I just took a look through the sales ads for AC turks and found a few chestnuts. But again, none of them are flaxen.
.... You might be right! I just picked up a flaxen caspian stallion too :lol: :lol:

Going to breed him with the mare, just to see that they throw what I expect.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 22, 2024 10:43 pm

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:43 pm