Community Forum

Forest Horse Questions

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Stick
Visit My Farm

Forest Horse Questions

Post by Stick »

Now that I'm getting into Forest Horses, I've got a couple questions. I'm trying to label these guys as specifically as possible, down to every "mealy" and "sooty" I can catch, haha. :lol:
All of these guys are from the AC.

Rouge

I assume she's just mealy chestnut, but I didn't see chestnut listed as an option for Forest Horses on the "Quick Guide by Ancient Breed." Though, I think I remember someone mentioning that chestnut was a known thing that needs to be added to that list? Does anyone know?

Bloodstone

Just a really awesome dark mealy bay, yeah?

Phantom

I can't think of anything that he could be other than dark brown?? That's another thing I didn't see on the Guide though. He's not black, right? (Though, I guess I didn't see black as an option either)

Shadowday

Aside from some kind of dun, I have no idea what's up with this guy, especially when comparing him to other Forest Horses. Why are his dun points so light?? What's with his weird hair?? His mane and tail are so weirdly dark and warm-hued, and his bay points are so weirdly light, I'm at a loss.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Forest Horse Questions

Post by Silverine »

Stick wrote:
The first horse is a mealy chestnut (sometimes called sorrel).

The second is mealy bay.

The third is mealy dark brown.

The fourth horse is a very dark mealy red dun. So chestnut-based, not bay. That's why his mane and tail are red.
Stick
Visit My Farm

Post by Stick »

Silverine wrote: The first horse is a mealy chestnut (sometimes called sorrel).

The second is mealy bay.

The third is mealy dark brown.

The fourth horse is a very dark mealy red dun. So chestnut-based, not bay. That's why his mane and tail are red.
Oh! Holy cow... yeah, that last one does make sense, looking at how dark that bay is.

So I guess Forest Horses really do come in chestnut and brown from the AC, then?
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Stick wrote: Oh! Holy cow... yeah, that last one does make sense, looking at how dark that bay is.

So I guess Forest Horses really do come in chestnut and brown from the AC, then?
Yes, they do. :D I don't know why it says they don't on the guide.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:57 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:57 pm