Community Forum

New Updates!

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

New Updates!

Post by larissar »

This post will be short, I'll expand later but I'm taking a break for the rest of the night.

I've corrected the bug which caused horses to stop appearing once they are between 10 and 20 years old. Or at least I believe I have fixed it. The fix will only apply to horses who are 9 years or younger as of this morning because at 9 years old is when the trigger to render the next image stage is set. Since we are still in beta and going to have a reset soon I'm not going to worry about fixing the ghost horses. Let me know if any horse who is younger than 9 now eventually becomes invisible.

I've corrected the bug with adopted horses images disappearing. You can continue to use your ghost horses, their images may reappear once they reach 10 years old, or you can just rehome them.
If you run out of Pony Tokens just remember that the store is still in sandbox mode. There is dummy customer and credit card info entered into the payment details so you can get your pony tokens for free.

Happy Easter! :D

All the new artwork related horse changes I've been working on for the last 4 weeks have been uploaded.

Notable changes:
- Adoption center fee has been changed from 2 PT to 25 PT
- There are many new manes, tails and feather styles added to the game
- Horses will now change colour throughout their lives with the most notable change happening between birth and 1 year
- I've added Sooty and Silver genes
- Eye colour should now correspond to the horses genes, I've also added in a Tiger Eye gene as apparently some horses have this
- Muscle-tone now appears with training, the actual artwork here needs some improvement... you'll know what I mean when you see a super fit horse
- All existing horses images will stay as they are, they won't get the new artwork or colour changing features (including foals from mares who have been bred before this change)
- The adoption center has been cleared out and replaced with all new horses

Known Bugs:
- Wild type Buckskins have nearly Palomino or Dun looking manes, this will be corrected
- Dun has no effect on manes/tails yet (I have to do the artwork for this still)
- Silver Dapple has bad dapples, this will be fixed once I create the artwork for the dapples
- Some flaxen feathers have strange black near the bottom, this will be corrected
- Gene rarity in the adoption center has not yet been adjusted, and especially with these new changes there are all sorts of colours showing up and very few plain horses, this will be corrected
- Occasionally a horse may appear with no mane, this could be cause by two things A) there is a bug I'm still tracking down and B) the mane image hasn't been rendered yet, in both cases the mane will appear again, and in both cases please report to me so I can investigate

There are most certainly more bugs, please report everything. Over the next few weeks I'll be fixing all the bugs that have appeared the last month that I haven't addresses yet, as well as anything new that appears with these changes.
SageFeather145
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: New Updates!

Post by SageFeather145 »

Thank you for making this game so awesome, and keeping us regularly updated. It's the best game I have paid for. :)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

SageFeather145 wrote:Thank you for making this game so awesome, and keeping us regularly updated. It's the best game I have paid for. :)
Your welcome, Thank you for enjoying it :D

Edit: I fixed the missing Smilie images here just so you could have a happy face Thank You :)
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Hooray new colors. Looks like all of the current colors have changed visually, so I'll probably have to redo my color guide.

EDIT: Wow, the recolors are gorgeous. The matte look feels more realistic and the variation is lovely. I'm noticing that silver is cropping up everywhere, so it's going to be a challenge to weed that out lol
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote: EDIT: Wow, the recolors are gorgeous. The matte look feels more realistic and the variation is lovely. I'm noticing that silver is cropping up everywhere, so it's going to be a challenge to weed that out lol
:D Thanks and yeah I have to get the gene distribution under control very very soon.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

I second Argent's comment; The recolors look fantastic.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Foal coats are so much fun :D
Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

I can't get over these recolors, they are fantastic!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 7:47 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:47 pm