Community Forum

Pearl or cream out of black horses?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Ziel
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Pearl or cream out of black horses?

Post by Ziel »

Two of my friesians just produced this foal, and I am STUMPED as to what their color is!

Their parents are:
Sire

Dam

I am PRETTY sure that the Sire is a Smoky Black Dun, but since they produced... whatever this foal is, I'm wondering what the mare is carrying? Either way, I appreciate any input available as to what this little one is! :lol:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Pearl or cream out of black horses?

Post by Silverine »

Ziel wrote:Two of my friesians just produced this foal, and I am STUMPED as to what their color is!

Their parents are:
Sire

Dam

I am PRETTY sure that the Sire is a Smoky Black Dun, but since they produced... whatever this foal is, I'm wondering what the mare is carrying? Either way, I appreciate any input available as to what this little one is! :lol:
The foal is a smoky brown dun - brown + 1 x cream + dun. The sire is plain grullo - his foal picture is too reddish for him to be carrying cream. The dam, on the other hand, is a smoky brown - she's the one that carries cream. She gets the cream from her sire who is, in fact, a smoky black. Check out her sire's baby picture versus your foal's sire's baby picture and you'll see the difference in shade indicative of cream on a black-based horse.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 25, 2024 1:54 am

It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 1:54 am