Community Forum

Color help

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Lyoko2516
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Color help

Post by Lyoko2516 »

O Children

I'm confused. Can someone help me out about what color she is? :) Please and thank you. :)
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Color help

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Lyoko2516 wrote:O Children

I'm confused. Can someone help me out about what color she is? :) Please and thank you. :)
Bay Dun Tobiano
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Lyoko2516
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Lyoko2516 »

Raj

And him?
Aela
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

Lyoko2516 wrote:.
Bay Dun
E_ A_ D/_

:)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Lyoko2516
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Lyoko2516 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Lyoko2516 wrote:...
Bay Dun Pangare
Lyoko2516
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Lyoko2516 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

If you're asking about all these colors, perhaps you should swing by the color guides and read up on them.

All of these horses are either bay dun or bay dun pangare.
Dun causes primitive stripes, pangare causes washing out from underneath and bay has black points on a red base.

And of course Lp is leopard complex.
Lyoko2516
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Lyoko2516 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
If you're asking about all these colors, perhaps you should swing by the color guides and read up on them.

Dun causes primitive stripes, pangare causes washing out from underneath and bay has black points on a red base.

Well this site does not have a color gene test, so I'm asking all of you to see. I'm not trying to offend you.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Lyoko2516 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Well this site does not have a color gene test, so I'm asking all of you to see. I'm not trying to offend you.
We attempt to help people along in this game because it's complicated. What I mean by that is that it takes a little time to learn.
So if you're interested in the colors of your horses, our color guides offer all the hints needed to define the colors of your horses.
Perhaps my response was a bit too gruff. So I apologize for that.

So let me begin again.
First, color testing is planned, it's just not implemented yet. We don't know when the testing will be applied in game. But what I can tell you is that a horse won't produce an offspring with a random color. The horse pair can only produce an offspring with colors that it has to offer forth. So two black horses cannot in any way produce a brown or a bay, and so on.
Second, it helps us quite a bit if you don't make us name every foal ever born on your farm for color. We start doing that for everybody and then nobody will get any color help. If you're stuck or you don't understand what hints to look for, we'll certainly aid you in what to look for, because once you learn, then you too, can pass this knowledge forward to other players.
And lastly, our color guides are quite extensive. Not everybody can follow them, understand them or make full use of them. If they don't make sense, we need you to tell us, so that we can help you understand them better. In order for our community to work well, we need our community to provide for itself.

So please accept my apology and let us know what color hints you're missing, so that you can learn to identify these colors better.
Then join us waiting with baited breath for the release of the gene testing. Many of us are excited by the release of this, whenever it is scheduled for.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 4:16 pm

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:16 pm