Community Forum

Slowly chugging along to Marchador

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Slowly chugging along to Marchador

Post by Nate »

Currently I'm slowly plodding my way along the path to Marchador. It's a long road, and right now I'm just waiting for my horses to grow old enough for me to breed them for Sorraia. I've also done some thinking on the colors that I can allow. Marchadors come in all the basic colors, can have dun, roan, grey, and tobiano. They can also have cream in single-copy form, and I am willing to put splash and sabino in single-copy form as well. The only colors I have to leave out entirely are silver :( flaxen :( white :( and appaloosa :(
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Slowly chugging along to Marchador

Post by Argent »

So what you're saying is you're marching along toward Marchadors? XD
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

lololololol! Good point. Truth be told though, it's pronounced Marsh-a-door
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

In light of the Marchador's original breeding to be a fast, flashy, comfortable horse on which to travel fairly long distances, I decided that the closest event we have to that is either endurance or western trail, and since endurance is a one-entry per show event, I chose to go with western trail. However, I recognize that is not likely to be too popular of an event and I don't have my heart set on it, so I cross-show my horses. To this end I intend to keep shows running. I currently have six showing slots available, so the shows coming out of my farm right now will be trail, barrels, show jumping, reining, cutting, and saddleseat. In the future I will likely tweak it and run a larger variety of levels and a more narrow selection of events, but for now I've got these six and you should enter them!

I think even the agilty-centric list of events will allow me to be able to keep Marchadors relevant in the wider game base. Even though my herd will have a large western slant, if the game at large acquires an english slant then I have my in with show jumping. Saddleseat is the traditional realm of gaited breeds, so my inclusion of it in my list just further proves that Marchadors are an all-around excellent breed.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 1:42 pm

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:42 pm