Community Forum

Training Gains

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Training Gains

Post by CarouselCowgirl »

Hi! Loving the game so far.

I am curious though, what factors in to how much you gain from each training session? I can see that location of training, gait, time, and task all have an effect. And I believe player skill has some effect too?

Do genetics play a role at all? Like say a horse A will receive larger gains over a horse B even if all other conditions the same?
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Training Gains

Post by Nate »

Your choices, including location, gait, and activity, the horse's conditioning already (unfit horses improve rapidly, while fit horses improve more slowly), the horse's fatigue, and your player skill all play a part. As of right now I don't believe genetics play a part, and I'm not sure they will play a direct part in the future.

However, I CAN see conformation playing a part in both a horse's ability to become more fit as well as affecting the horse's showing abilities, so there could be a correlation in the future.
CarouselCowgirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by CarouselCowgirl »

Thank you Nate!
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I believe Larissa stated that training progress was a percentage of the horse's total natural ability. So all horses would train at the same rate with a particular player, but one horse's 50% is not necessarily equal to another's 50% due to their conformation and traits.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Only correction to add is that stamina tends to play a part in how quickly a horse can gain stats because higher stamina means they are able worker longer and harder each session.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:15 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:15 am