Community Forum

Is this a bug or a color I am not aware of??

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
moreponiesneeded
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Is this a bug or a color I am not aware of??

Post by moreponiesneeded »

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1884216

If you look in his gallery you'll see that he started off as a really lovely silver bay and suddenly .25 years later he is a smokey cream color with different paint markings. To be perfectly honest I really liked the silver bay.

BTW I may not be correct on the color names- I work with mostly TBs in real life and they don't have a ton of variation normally lol.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this a bug or a color I am not aware of??

Post by BlackOak2 »

moreponiesneeded wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1884216

If you look in his gallery you'll see that he started off as a really lovely silver bay and suddenly .25 years later he is a smokey cream color with different paint markings. To be perfectly honest I really liked the silver bay.

BTW I may not be correct on the color names- I work with mostly TBs in real life and they don't have a ton of variation normally lol.
This is certainly a glitch horse. It appears like 99.9% of all glitch horses are AC (I had one really early on that wasn't an AC, but that may be entirely unconnected, there really hasn't been another non-AC example).

The color you have now, does appear to be the correct color. If your horse was a true silver bay, the mane and tail would have a color more like this horse, a silver bay pangare:

Your horse is a double cream on bay with I suspect pangare as well, so the color can be called: Perlino or Perlino pangare.
There is a chance that your horse is a cream & pearl rather than a double cream. If he happens to throw a base-color offspring with a mare that carries a single cream (buckskin, palomino, smoky brown, smoky black) or a base-color (black, brown, chestnut, bay), then he'll be a pearl and cream rather then a double cream.

Assuming he's not a pearl and cream, he will always throw at least one cream gene, so all of his offspring will be a single cream color (at least). Palomino, buckskin, smoky black, smoky brown.
moreponiesneeded
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this a bug or a color I am not aware of??

Post by moreponiesneeded »

Ok makes sense, thank you so much!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 24, 2024 9:22 pm

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 9:22 pm