Community Forum

Body Score?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Thelongrider
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Body Score?

Post by Thelongrider »

Is there a way to impact a horses body score, I have a few who are thinner than I would like.
Satinka
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Body Score?

Post by Satinka »

I think the feeding isnt implemented yet so the body score doesnt really affect the horses. You can ignore that confidently~
Thelongrider
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thelongrider »

Perfect, thank you Satinka!
Satinka
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Satinka »

No problem, glad I could help. Im pretty new too and try to figure everything out but this is something I read by myself somewhere in the forum already xD
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Satinka is correct that feeding isn't implement yet, but there are some ways to influence the Body Condition Score a little. Continuous heavy training can reduce a horses BCS, while pasture rest can help increase the BCS (basically you are letting the horse get fat in the pasture :)).
There is a genetic aspect to this too though. Some horses are quite stubborn and have a hard time putting on weight (usually the light breeds), while other horses can't seem to drop weight no matter how hard you work them (usually the ponies and draft breeds).

Once feeding is added you'll have an easier time maintaining your horses BCS.
Satinka
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Satinka »

This is also helpful to me, thanks larissar. But it is a very wobbly thing. One day of training and they loose so much of weight but they need forever to gain some weight. x.x
Its also funny how foals are seem to be fat continuous until they get near the first year xD
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Yes, the values need some tweaking still ha ha.
Gaining weight will be easier once feeding is added. The pastures don't have a lot of nutrition for growing foals and horses in heavy training. I can't remember what type of grass I simulated. It's either Timothy, or Brome I think. If you ever look into real equine nutrition you'll see that these grasses typically don't provide enough nutrition unless you horse is just a pasture ornament :)
Soon we'll have more grasses, including legumes like Alfalfa, and oats, corn, sweet feeds, and more :)
Satinka
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Satinka »

Ahhh thats great! Then there are a lot of features to look forward to <3
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:28 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:28 am