Community Forum

Great to be here!

Amitola
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Great to be here!

Post by Amitola »

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to kind of introduce myself and have a chat with you all, because I love getting to know you and what you like, dislike, etc.

I am Amitola (not my real name) which, in Native American, means rainbow. I chose this name because I am a very bubbly person :D

I know it may be a pain to write that, so just call me Ami!

Horses and animals are my life. I plan to work with animals in the future, when I leave school. I have been riding for about eight years, though a fall last year shook my confidence a lot. But I will be riding again this summer (money problems for my parents also meant less riding, curse money problems.)

I don't own my own horse, which is a shame. Many horses have gone in my time, been sold or just disappeared, thus another reason for me not getting my own horse. And, not to even mention, money problems as well as living in an urban-type area.

My favorite horse breed, well... Let's just narrow it down, shall we? Native ponies - I adore Shetland Ponies, Dartmoor's and Dales/Fell's, as well as Welsh Ponies.

Draught horses aren't exactly my favorite type, but if I had to chose, I'd have to say that American Cream Draft's are my favorite, a close tie with the Shire.

I have sooo many Warmblood favorites. I adore Thoroughbreds, Friesians (excuse the spelling), American Cream's, Arabians and a lot of other breeds.

Anyhoo - It's great to meet all of you! It may take a while for me to find my way around because this place is so unique compared to the other virtual horse games where everything is just a copy, over and over.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
- Ami xx

Also: Does anyone know how to do the training thingy-ma-bobby? I'm daft, so I have no idea, and my mind can't process this game's greatness. Thanks for any information regarding this.

8-)
CreamPops
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Great to be here!

Post by CreamPops »

hi! im new here too! lets be friends!
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Great to be here!

Post by Nate »

Hi Ami and CreamPops, welcome to the game!

As far as training goes, here's what you do. You open a horse's page and go to their training tab. There, you have your choice of location (arena, track, trail, hills), gait (walk, trot, canter, gallop), and duration (5, 10, 15, 30 minutes). Below that you have various options for activities, such as lunging on the flat which is easiest, or pulling a cart which is hardest. If the exercise is rimmed in red, your horse will be injured if you select it, but he's close. If it's entirely red, he's not even close to being able to do it.

As far as the BEST way to train beyond the very basics, that topic is a source of debate. Right now, I train my horses for 30 minutes in what is going to be most useful for the stat I want to increase and then leave them alone for several days until their fatigue is 0. I also rotate and train many many horses, so I don't waste any time from my days.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 1:36 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:36 pm