Community Forum

The Long Road - Australian Stock Horse

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Takashi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

The Long Road - Australian Stock Horse

Post by Takashi »

I've decided on the ASH as my breed to work toward, and right now i'm at the very beginning. I think it'll be a quite a process, but it should get easier as more breeds I need on the way start popping up (I hope, any way :D)

The ASH is (Thoroughbred x Percheron) x (Quarter Horse x Waler)

I know there's a lot of people working towards TBs, so i've decided to start with Percherons.
Takashi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: The Long Road - Australian Stock Horse

Post by Takashi »

Not too much happening at the moment, hoping to have some Galloway foals on the ground this week. Mostly i'm just showing and trying to pad out my bank balance a bit, because i'm very lazy and like to buy instead of breed :P
Takashi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: The Long Road - Australian Stock Horse

Post by Takashi »

Been a very. very long time since i've been around to update this, whoops! I've had a bit of hiatus which worked out quite well because as mentioned before, i'm a pretty lazy person so I jumped at the chance to purchase a Part ASH and took full advantage of a few studs that have popped up.

I've started a whole new line of horses from some Arabians I already had and am currently plagued with colts, colts everywhere! I'm focused mostly on just getting more purebreds on the ground and then crossing them out to TBs for colour, green stats and the huge amount of COI i've acquired from all the one-stud-for-everyone breeding plan. Oops. I also need to get rid of the appaloosa gene from that same stud.

Despite the various things I need to fix, some nice horses have popped up already. I have several horses with 4/5* ratings and showing what I would consider correct type for the breed (Though some definitely need that TB blood)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 3:58 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 3:58 am