Community Forum

Pearl or not?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Pearl or not?

Post by Malakai10 »

Do you think this mare is a Tiger Eye Palomino Pearl Champagne or Tiger Eye Gold Cream? She does potentially have pearl from her father's side but the chances of him having het. pearl are low. She seems too pale to me to be a regular gold cream.

RSÆ Fantasia's Sparrow Pumpkin
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Pearl or not?

Post by AltNazarach »

Malakai10 wrote:Do you think this mare is a Tiger Eye Palomino Pearl Champagne or Tiger Eye Gold Cream? She does potentially have pearl from her father's side but the chances of him having het. pearl are low. She seems too pale to me to be a regular gold cream.

I'd agree with Palomino Pearl Champagne as she really is much too pale for gold cream, but she could also have silver from her dam (she looks like silver amber champagne instead of gold champagne), so I could be wrong...
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

AltNazarach wrote:
Malakai10 wrote:Do you think this mare is a Tiger Eye Palomino Pearl Champagne or Tiger Eye Gold Cream? She does potentially have pearl from her father's side but the chances of him having het. pearl are low. She seems too pale to me to be a regular gold cream.

I'd agree with Palomino Pearl Champagne as she really is much too pale for gold cream, but she could also have silver from her dam (she looks like silver amber champagne instead of gold champagne), so I could be wrong...
Can't be silver nor amber champagne - her sire is a chestnut and her dam was gold cream; hence, no extension gene present. Silver horses also have a slightly darker base of the tail.

But anyway, thanks for your input.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

Malakai10 wrote: Can't be silver nor amber champagne - her sire is a chestnut and her dam was gold cream; hence, no extension gene present. Silver horses also have a slightly darker base of the tail.

with silver amber champ I meant her dam - her coat (under the gray) looks exactly like amber champ and her mane is a slightly yellowish color - which could mean silver... but as i said, regarding sparrow pumpkin, I agree with you
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

AltNazarach wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Can't be silver nor amber champagne - her sire is a chestnut and her dam was gold cream; hence, no extension gene present. Silver horses also have a slightly darker base of the tail.

with silver amber champ I meant her dam - her coat (under the gray) looks exactly like amber champ and her mane is a slightly yellowish color - which could mean silver... but as i said, regarding sparrow pumpkin, I agree with you
I get what you're saying and I get why - but, on RSÆ Fantasia's Sparrow Pumpkin's dam, RSÆ Assembly Truffle Sparrow: she was a tiger eyed grey on palomino champagne (although I accidentally labeled her as gold champagne) - not amber champagne - because of how she looked as a foal.
Here's a gold champagne horse:
Tiger eyed amber champagne:
Tiger eyed grey on silver amber champagne:
Tiger eyed silver amber champagne:
Amber dun:
Tiger eyed grey on silver amber cream:

See, with grey, the colour the foal has as a newborn is what the horse would have looked like as an adult if it didn't have grey. Sparrow's points aren't dark - hence why she can't be amber champagne. Amber champagne also tends to be more of a bright, gold colour. Sparrow also had a cream gene, making her a tiger eyed palomino champagne - I just hadn't realised that when I put in her colour as a foal. Notice how the horses with a agouti have legs that are at least slightly darker - it's almost unnoticeable on the last foal.

(I put in all those extra pictures mostly because I didn't even realise I had those combinations - and a bit because I wanted to.)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 11:15 pm

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:15 pm