Community Forum

Breeding report values

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Breeding report values

Post by Totina »

I think it would be pretty helpful if it was possible to evaluate a horse's potential for competitions and/or breeding if there was a way to find out in numbers/values what the breeding report is saying.
As far as I have seen each breed has it's own strengths and weaknesses, where the same comment on a skill can be green or red on one horse and ordinary text for another, but this seems not to be just between the breeds but between individuals of the same breed as well.
This makes it a bit confusing when trying to make my own evaluation in which horse is better suited for breeding to get the best skills as possible for the offsprings. Even if one horse is just slightly better than another, that horse would be preferable to choose.

For example, it is not easy, if even possible, to determine which horse is the strongest of three horses that have one of these comments each:
- This ___ seems as strong as average.
- About average strength, nothing exciting.
- I'd say this ___ has an average amount of strength.

I'm not sure if there is any way to separate them from each other or if they are equal in value. Would be nice if it was possible to find out.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding report values

Post by larissar »

I actually designed the game specifically as to not give away exact numbers. Just as in real life it's impossible to measure a horses potential numerically. Body size and type can, by a bit of a stretch of the imagination, be measured on a real horse, which is why those values are given numerical values in the evaluator. Type being the ratio of leg length to barrel width, and body size roughly correlating with weight but converted into a percentage number.

The best way to determine if a horse is good to breed is too look at a horses level of training and competition results, and the same for horses in their pedigree. It will become a little easier once breed registries are added in to find good studs, and also once discipline evaluations are added in. Discipline evaluations will look at the horses current level of training for a specific discipline and suggest what training might be necessary to improve results, but it could be used to help determine which horses to breed to.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 5:44 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:44 pm