Community Forum

Missing breeds? Adding new breeds?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Uralym
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Missing breeds? Adding new breeds?

Post by Uralym »

I'm not sure whether this question was stated before, quick search didn't find anything relevant.

First of all, HWO has an incredibly huge library of data on horse breeds, genetics and an awesome system of getting new breeds through crossing the ancient ones close to the way they were historically created, which I love to bits. This system also includes the use of those breeds that nowadays are considered extinct (or rather evolutioned), and the fact that there are such old, rare and unfamous breeds in the database for the players explore is truly fascinating.
However, some breeds are missing there (I'm sure many players could name several native to their homeland), and while mostly their absence does not worsen the gameplay in any significant way, one miss has bothered me for quite a while. Precisely, you have the Bashkir Curly breed in the database and even the Lokai horse, but there is no mention of the Transbaikalia horse (Buryat and Tuvan too) from which the said breeds got the curly gene. This seems like a huge piece of breed history missed.

So the question is, can there be other breeds added into the database or not? Considering the changes it will make into the recipes, I guess it'd require quite a handful of work, but if yes, will it ever be done? The same question states for the new breeds that are and will be created in modern time, will they be added here too?

Thanks in advance!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Missing breeds? Adding new breeds?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Uralym wrote:I'm not sure whether this question was stated before, quick search didn't find anything relevant.

First of all, HWO has an incredibly huge library of data on horse breeds, genetics and an awesome system of getting new breeds through crossing the ancient ones close to the way they were historically created, which I love to bits. This system also includes the use of those breeds that nowadays are considered extinct (or rather evolutioned), and the fact that there are such old, rare and unfamous breeds in the database for the players explore is truly fascinating.
However, some breeds are missing there (I'm sure many players could name several native to their homeland), and while mostly their absence does not worsen the gameplay in any significant way, one miss has bothered me for quite a while. Precisely, you have the Bashkir Curly breed in the database and even the Lokai horse, but there is no mention of the Transbaikalia horse (Buryat and Tuvan too) from which the said breeds got the curly gene. This seems like a huge piece of breed history missed.

So the question is, can there be other breeds added into the database or not? Considering the changes it will make into the recipes, I guess it'd require quite a handful of work, but if yes, will it ever be done? The same question states for the new breeds that are and will be created in modern time, will they be added here too?

Thanks in advance!
I could be wrong in saying this: The way the recipes are set up won't be changed, or are very unlikely to be changed.

I do know they did a lot of research into the creation of breeds throughout history, but I'm sure something could've been missed, or... some things might have been added the way they were because of missing historical information, or not enough information... or something similar.

As far as adding additional horse breeds, yes, we have heard this is planned at some point in the future (as a real-money, paid extra, or that's the likely possible plan), so we should be able to add in breeds we make ourselves or breeds that are locally or regionally known. It has also been said that we would likely be responsible for 'designing' them, i.e. body style, type, average weight (maybe), height, what breeds make it, the general description, and so on.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 9:42 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:42 pm