Community Forum

Crossbreeding with Part and Mixed horses

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
SweetClover
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Crossbreeding with Part and Mixed horses

Post by SweetClover »

If you're trying to produce a certain breed, does being a purebreed affect your chances of getting the foal you want or can you use Half/Part/Mixed horses?

For example, I'm trying to produce a Spanish Barb. My stallion is a Part WAB X Andalusian and my two mares are pure Spanish Jennet X WAB. So far I've only gotten Part Andalusian X Spanish Jennet foals. Am I just unlucky, or is this entirely due to my stallion being Part instead of Pure?

Thanks!
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Crossbreeding with Part and Mixed horses

Post by Nate »

There should be no issues in the cross you describe. Breeding with Parts, Halfs, and Mixes can be tricky, but there's nothing inherently wrong with your stallion that would cause him to be unable to sire Spanish Barbs. Keep trying!
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

If you post a link to one of the failed foals we can have a closer look and help identify why it might have failed. But as Nate said, breeding Part/Half breds shouldn't effect the outcome as long as only one breed is listed on the horse. Example: a horse that is "Part Arabian x Shetland" wouldn't work whereas a horse that is "Part Arabian" would work.
SweetClover
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by SweetClover »

Hm that's good to know; I was probably just unlucky. I've rehomed most of the foals, but here is one from each other mares I was working with. The father's the same.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/20800

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/20817
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 5:10 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:10 pm