Community Forum

Need help with my horses color.

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Need help with my horses color.

Post by Caramelapple3 »

This filly looked white to me, but I noticed she has some tiny spots on her muzzle (nose) and she looks kind of geyish now. Mystic

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2055486
Is she white? (If you look in their gallery's you can see how they looked like as newborn foals.

Then I have this colt. And I just can't figure him out.
★ Rocky ★

He looks like some kind of roan.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Need help with my horses color.

Post by BlackOak2 »

Caramelapple3 wrote:This filly looked white to me, but I noticed she has some tiny spots on her muzzle (nose) and she looks kind of geyish now.
Is she white? (If you look in their gallery's you can see how they looked like as newborn foals.

Mystic is a smoky cream champagne with tiger eye. Two cream genes on champagne and two tiger eye genes all on black. She is a triple dilute and would be considered (at least on HWO) a pseudo-white. She will always throw
one cream gene and one tiger eye gene, which means that all of her offspring will at least be a smoky-style or a buckskin or palomino.

Rocky is a silver smoky brown roan pangare colt. With tobiano. He has the silver gene, roan gene, pangare gene and the cream gene all on brown. He does not carry a bay gene (like his sire is) and only carries one extension gene (black gene), unlike his mother (she's cream on chestnut... i.e. palomino... so that would be ee for red and not Ee for black or EE for black).
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Need help with my horses color.

Post by Caramelapple3 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Caramelapple3 wrote:This filly looked white to me, but I noticed she has some tiny spots on her muzzle (nose) and she looks kind of geyish now.

Mystic is a smoky cream champagne with tiger eye. Two cream genes on champagne and two tiger eye genes all on black. She is a triple dilute and would be considered (at least on HWO) a pseudo-white. She will always throw
one cream gene and one tiger eye gene, which means that all of her offspring will at least be a smoky-style or a buckskin or palomino.

Rocky is a silver smoky brown roan pangare colt. With tobiano. He has the silver gene, roan gene, pangare gene and the cream gene all on brown. He does not carry a bay gene (like his sire is) and only carries one extension gene (black gene), unlike his mother (she's cream on chestnut... i.e. palomino... so that would be ee for red and not Ee for black or EE for black).
thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 25, 2024 1:20 pm

It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 1:20 pm