Community Forum

Color help please

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Jasmine_Hanley
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Color help please

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

I’ve read a lot of posts about coloring for horses in this game, but I get confused when it comes to pearls, champagne, and some other complicated things (at least in my mind). So could somebody please help me with these horses?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Color help please

Post by BlackOak2 »

Jasmine_Hanley wrote:I’ve read a lot of posts about coloring for horses in this game, but I get confused when it comes to pearls, champagne, and some other complicated things (at least in my mind). So could somebody please help me with these horses?
Many of us still have trouble with the dilutes (myself included), so you're in good company. :D

Let's see what you likely have...

Diamonds Are Forever looks to be decently easy. Dapples (at this point of the game) come from just three sources. The graying gene, the sooty gene and the silver gene but only when paired with black. The downside to this is that the dapples all look the same (there doesn't appear to be any pattern difference, just weight and mode of appearance). On this horse, we can easily rule out the graying gene (it's not in his line). So we're left with sooty and silver. Sooty would offer more than just dapples, the dapples appear as sooty appears, the dapples are actually areas of the coat that are less affected or not affected by sooty, it's a negative area. So we can also rule out sooty. So we're left with silver... now that we know the dapples are from silver, then we also must rule that this horse is black-based. When looking at this colt's pedigree, it appears and seems to be most likely that this horse is double cream. So we come to the conclusion that he is a silver dapple smoky cream. There doesn't appear to be other genes here. Noting that the pangare look does appear to happen occasionally on black when paired with the silver gene, but pangare (regardless of whether carried or not), DOES NOT affect black (at the very least, we're not supposed to see it at all).

Forever Diamond... is the same color as the colt above and for the same reasoning... with the single addition of tiger eye. Which also means that the colt above (since this is his offspring), carries a single tiger eye gen.

Exotic Treason appears to be a straight double cream on chestnut, making him a cremello with tiger eye. There maybe some flaxen involved, his legs show a tad bit of brightness that may or may not be related to that gene. But I could be wrong about that.

Heavens Royal, at first glance obviously carries the tiger eye gene and appears to be an apricot... But she is not. However, because of some missing pedigree photos, both missing foal pictures or photos entirely and since passed on... the most I can say is she is a cream and pearl, but my opinion is that she's likely a double cream. So she would be a cremello (albeit in a darker shading then the one above) or possibly a palomino pearl. If she ever throws a non-cream foal, then you'll have your answer.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Jasmine_Hanley
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Color help please

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Jasmine_Hanley wrote:I’ve read a lot of posts about coloring for horses in this game, but I get confused when it comes to pearls, champagne, and some other complicated things (at least in my mind). So could somebody please help me with these horses?
Many of us still have trouble with the dilutes (myself included), so you're in good company. :D

Let's see what you likely have...

Diamonds Are Forever looks to be decently easy. Dapples (at this point of the game) come from just three sources. The graying gene, the sooty gene and the silver gene but only when paired with black. The downside to this is that the dapples all look the same (there doesn't appear to be any pattern difference, just weight and mode of appearance). On this horse, we can easily rule out the graying gene (it's not in his line). So we're left with sooty and silver. Sooty would offer more than just dapples, the dapples appear as sooty appears, the dapples are actually areas of the coat that are less affected or not affected by sooty, it's a negative area. So we can also rule out sooty. So we're left with silver... now that we know the dapples are from silver, then we also must rule that this horse is black-based. When looking at this colt's pedigree, it appears and seems to be most likely that this horse is double cream. So we come to the conclusion that he is a silver dapple smoky cream. There doesn't appear to be other genes here. Noting that the pangare look does appear to happen occasionally on black when paired with the silver gene, but pangare (regardless of whether carried or not), DOES NOT affect black (at the very least, we're not supposed to see it at all).

Forever Diamond... is the same color as the colt above and for the same reasoning... with the single addition of tiger eye. Which also means that the colt above (since this is his offspring), carries a single tiger eye gen.

Exotic Treason appears to be a straight double cream on chestnut, making him a cremello with tiger eye. There maybe some flaxen involved, his legs show a tad bit of brightness that may or may not be related to that gene. But I could be wrong about that.

Heavens Royal, at first glance obviously carries the tiger eye gene and appears to be an apricot... But she is not. However, because of some missing pedigree photos, both missing foal pictures or photos entirely and since passed on... the most I can say is she is a cream and pearl, but my opinion is that she's likely a double cream. So she would be a cremello (albeit in a darker shading then the one above) or possibly a palomino pearl. If she ever throws a non-cream foal, then you'll have your answer.
Thank you! This actually helped a lot :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 25, 2024 7:22 am

It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 7:22 am