Community Forum

Training Tips?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Train
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Training Tips?

Post by Train »

Hi all,
I in need of some help on what steps to take to train
I can train a horse in 4 years but want to train under 4 years?
Any tips (Other than max out training skills)?

Pinging fellow trainers
HorzieLover101 wrote:training tips?
Royale Ranch wrote:training tips?
Shadow_Hills
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Training Tips?

Post by Shadow_Hills »

Train wrote:Hi all,

Pinging fellow trainers
HorzieLover101 wrote:training tips?
Royale Ranch wrote:training tips?
I have some.

With your courses: try to complete your energy saving courses and stamina training courses to allow you to do more with the horse and to get the stamina training to go faster. Then Training Techniques and Advanced Training. Then any courses that you can complete that take under an hour to complete. Then the movement courses. Whatever else you decide to take afterwards, is up to you.

With training the horse: do lunge on the flat at a walk in the arena until you are able to do collection and impulsion at a walk in the arena for 30 minutes. Continue the collection and impulsion until you get the stamina and intelligence maxed out (max of stamina is usually 99.8%). Then switch to jumping obstacles, at a walk in the arena, to get the strength and agility to however high you want it to go. Then switch to ground poles, at a walk in the arena, to get the tempo and movement to however high you want it to go. Finally, switch back to lunge on the flat but at a gallop on a track to get the speed to however high you want it to go.
Train
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Train »

Shadow_Hills wrote:

Pinging fellow trainers
I have some.

With your courses: try to complete your energy saving courses and stamina training courses to allow you to do more with the horse and to get the stamina training to go faster. Then Training Techniques and Advanced Training. Then any courses that you can complete that take under an hour to complete. Then the movement courses. Whatever else you decide to take afterwards, is up to you.

With training the horse: do lunge on the flat at a walk in the arena until you are able to do collection and impulsion at a walk in the arena for 30 minutes. Continue the collection and impulsion until you get the stamina and intelligence maxed out (max of stamina is usually 99.8%). Then switch to jumping obstacles, at a walk in the arena, to get the strength and agility to however high you want it to go. Then switch to ground poles, at a walk in the arena, to get the tempo and movement to however high you want it to go. Finally, switch back to lunge on the flat but at a gallop on a track to get the speed to however high you want it to go.
Ok thanks thats already the way I train aha! Might just need to do more courses but they're taking 12+ days each :o
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Train wrote:
Shadow_Hills wrote:
I have some.

Ok thanks thats already the way I train aha! Might just need to do more courses but they're taking 12+ days each :o
It comes with time. As long as you train the stamina first, and your lessons for energy then stamina are completed first, you'll just need to learn your lessons and then your under 4-years will come. When you reach about half-way through your lessons, you'll start getting under that 4-year mark.

Try the intelligence and strength after the energy and stamina lessons. That may make training a little faster, but I have no proof of that.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Train
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Train »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Train wrote: Ok thanks thats already the way I train aha! Might just need to do more courses but they're taking 12+ days each :o
It comes with time. As long as you train the stamina first, and your lessons for energy then stamina are completed first, you'll just need to learn your lessons and then your under 4-years will come. When you reach about half-way through your lessons, you'll start getting under that 4-year mark.

Try the intelligence and strength after the energy and stamina lessons. That may make training a little faster, but I have no proof of that.
Thanks!
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Looks like i'm a little late... ;)
so - what they've all said. Most people - i emphasise the "most" - go by Kayaine's Training Guide, Which is pretty much what has been already given to you (see her original guide here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 525#p24525)

But Yes, 1. Do your lessons. (I got almost all my training advice from BlackOak - so listen to them :) ) Keep your Stamina skills above the rest, i.e. you might have stamina at 32%, the rest at 24%...
and 2. Follow Kayaine's guide.. You may find another way that works better for you... don't be strict, just find your style.
3. Have fun :)

all the best,
Royale.
Train
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Train »

Royale Ranch wrote:

Looks like i'm a little late... ;)
so - what they've all said. Most people - i emphasise the "most" - go by Kayaine's Training Guide, Which is pretty much what has been already given to you (see her original guide here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 525#p24525)

But Yes, 1. Do your lessons. (I got almost all my training advice from BlackOak - so listen to them :) ) Keep your Stamina skills above the rest, i.e. you might have stamina at 32%, the rest at 24%...
and 2. Follow Kayaine's guide.. You may find another way that works better for you... don't be strict, just find your style.
3. Have fun :)

all the best,
Royale.
Thanks!!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 4:16 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:16 am