Community Forum

When adopting new horses...

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
ShadowDragon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

When adopting new horses...

Post by ShadowDragon »

Quick question.. When you adopt new horses, what's most important, the report or their HGP numbers? I've found a couple of horses that didn't have the best reports, but had pretty good HGP. I'm a little confused by it. Thanks for any advice or help on this!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: When adopting new horses...

Post by BlackOak2 »

ShadowDragon wrote:Quick question.. When you adopt new horses, what's most important, the report or their HGP numbers? I've found a couple of horses that didn't have the best reports, but had pretty good HGP. I'm a little confused by it. Thanks for any advice or help on this!
The HGP or Horse Genetic Potential is a hard score that offers the total accumulation of each stat in both genes and also conformation. All it is, is a separate option to look at the gene stat and conformation stat accumulation.

Generally speaking, the higher the HGP, the better the BR and the conf score will be, or should be. There is a lot more to a strong competition horse then simple HGP, BR or conf score.
But, the HGP will offer a solid number that we can use to help describe the genes and the conf score the particular horse has.

It is up to us on what we decide is good, what to look for, what strengths are important, what weaknesses are allowable and what we can work with.

Horses that look good 'on paper' have in the past proven to be really good and also proven to be really bad, so it's up to us to decide on each individual horse.

that doesn't really answer your question, but I hope that gives you further insight.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
ShadowDragon
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: When adopting new horses...

Post by ShadowDragon »

Thanks, BlackOak, that helps!