Community Forum

Newb Here

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
maierp643
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Newb Here

Post by maierp643 »

So I just now joined and i adopted an arab stallion and now i have no clue what to do...Please help i have tried reading through the forms but i can't find a set form for newbs to read first.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Newb Here

Post by larissar »

Hello and welcome! There is a Frequently Asked Questions page posted here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=1692
And I'm working on a Getting Started knowledge base.

What you do first depends on your goals. Are you planning on training and competing? Or are you planning on breeding for new breeds? Something else, or a little bit of both? Let me know what you want to do with your farm, and I can give you some advice for getting started.
maierp643
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by maierp643 »

I think i want to do both
maierp643
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by maierp643 »

Also do you guys have a mentor program set up, as well is there another way to get Xp
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

We don't currently have a mentor program setup. Perhaps it's something we should consider in the future.

Since you want to do both training and showing I'll give you an idea of how I'm beginning to play, and maybe that will help you decide what you'd like to start with.

My goal currently is to breed Log Pulling Percherons. Since Percherons are not a starting breed I first have to create them. To find out how to create a breed you can see the "recipe" on the Breeds Wiki page (under the Help link). Percherons are a fairly easy breed to create as they are only 2 generations of cross breeding. So I've selected my horses from the adoption center (a Tarpan and a Forest Horse, both in the recipe for Percherons) and I'm going to breed them to someone else's Belgian stud to hopefully create a Norman Cob (the first step towards creating a Percheron).

In the meantime I'm also going to begin training my Tarpan and Forest Horse. They probably won't be very good for Log Pulling themselves so I'll just pick some general fitness and see what they do best at in the Local Shows. My training will start with easy activities to build up stamina. A horse with more stamina can do more training in a day. Each day I'll train them as much as they can handle, then enter a few Local Shows. I'll look at their results in the Local Shows and from there decide which competitions to enter them in. Local Shows are good for quick money, but only Competitions will earn points which raise their rank, also competitions have a larger purse to win.

Once I reach Percheron foals, I'll continue breeding maybe 5 or 6 Percheron foals each game year and keep only the best. Deciding which are the best depends on a lot of personal goals. I'd like to get proper colouring in my Percheron's so I'm probably not going to keep and Chestnut or Bay foals, unless they have really good Strength which is important for log pulling.

Anyway, thats kind of the basics of how I would get started. If you have any more questions let me know.
maierp643
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by maierp643 »

Thank you , already i can tell you are a very involved admin and i love that fact.
maierp643
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by maierp643 »

How long does it take a foal to be born?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Mare are pregnant for about 11 game months, give or take a week or so.
This works out to about 20 to 24 game turns.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 20, 2024 1:32 am

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 1:32 am