Community Forum

My horse wont lose weight?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Jasminerune
Visit My Farm

My horse wont lose weight?

Post by Jasminerune »

I put all my horses on sweet feed to maintain them cheaply, I started training a colt and noticed him getting fatter, when he got to "very fat" I put him just on grass but he hasn't lost any weight. I mowed the pasture quite short and he's "Not eating enough" but staying fat, I can't train him because he has little energy. Not sure if it's a bug or something I haven't noticed.

Finn
Summer Ranch
Visit My Farm

Re: My horse wont lose weight?

Post by Summer Ranch »

bojackherseman wrote:I put all my horses on sweet feed to maintain them cheaply, I started training a colt and noticed him getting fatter, when he got to "very fat" I put him just on grass but he hasn't lost any weight. I mowed the pasture quite short and he's "Not eating enough" but staying fat, I can't train him because he has little energy. Not sure if it's a bug or something I haven't noticed.

Finn
How many turns did you use after giving the horse less grass?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

bojackherseman wrote:I put all my horses on sweet feed to maintain them cheaply, I started training a colt and noticed him getting fatter, when he got to "very fat" I put him just on grass but he hasn't lost any weight. I mowed the pasture quite short and he's "Not eating enough" but staying fat, I can't train him because he has little energy. Not sure if it's a bug or something I haven't noticed.
Move him into a barn and put him on straight corn at 95%.
As long as he's not a feeding-glitch horse, he should maintain energy and loose weight. It will take Many Turns to get him back down to an appropriate weight. Keep a close eye on him.

If he is a feeding-glitch horse, he'll forever be stuck at that weight.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Jasminerune
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasminerune »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Move him into a barn and put him on straight corn at 95%.
As long as he's not a feeding-glitch horse, he should maintain energy and loose weight. It will take Many Turns to get him back down to an appropriate weight. Keep a close eye on him.

If he is a feeding-glitch horse, he'll forever be stuck at that weight.

I'll try this, thanks :)
Jasminerune
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasminerune »

Summer Ranch wrote:

Finn

I'm not sure the exact number, but before he turned 3, and he's almost 4 now
Summer Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Summer Ranch »

bojackherseman wrote:
Summer Ranch wrote:

Then it might be a glitch. I try to put the horse at like 0% and then take several turns and it works but not ideal if you're training a horse.
Jasminerune
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasminerune »

Summer Ranch wrote:
bojackherseman wrote:

Then it might be a glitch. I try to put the horse at like 0% and then take several turns and it works but not ideal if you're training a horse.
Yeah I had to stop training him when I first started cutting his food down. He's been on zero in a barn for many turns now, so he's a glitch. I'm probably going to delete him. Thanks for the help.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

bojackherseman wrote:
Summer Ranch wrote:
Yeah I had to stop training him when I first started cutting his food down. He's been on zero in a barn for many turns now, so he's a glitch. I'm probably going to delete him. Thanks for the help.
That's a shame. They do come through occasionally. Keep in mind that although his weight will affect his performance, he can still perform in competitions, he just won't be at his best. And also, the glitch is NOT hereditary, so you don't need to worry about having it pass on to offspring.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

bojackherseman wrote: He's been on zero in a barn for many turns now, so he's a glitch. I'm probably going to delete him. Thanks for the help.
If you're still looking forward to get rid of him, I'll buy him :) He's quite a looker and fast one at that.
I've been stuck with three glitch horses myself, although I've caught them all at "moderately fleshy" stage - the filly I trained despite the glitch just became champion in endurance with 100% result. Being very fat will hinder him more, of course, but it's still not impossible to show him with success.
Jasminerune
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasminerune »

Tjigra wrote:
bojackherseman wrote: He's been on zero in a barn for many turns now, so he's a glitch. I'm probably going to delete him. Thanks for the help.
If you're still looking forward to get rid of him, I'll buy him :) He's quite a looker and fast one at that.
I've been stuck with three glitch horses myself, although I've caught them all at "moderately fleshy" stage - the filly I trained despite the glitch just became champion in endurance with 100% result. Being very fat will hinder him more, of course, but it's still not impossible to show him with success.
I'm glad I procrastinated deleting him, he's a great horse and quite handsome but the glitch just ruined my motivation for him. I'll put him up for private sale and you can just offer me whatever you feel like.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:35 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:35 pm