Community Forum

Crossbreeding question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Kikary
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Crossbreeding question

Post by Kikary »

hello,

i have a stallion 1 - Forest horse x North African Barb (NAB). I want to breed for a Wst African Barb and here is my question.

can i get a West African Barb if i cross:

Stallion 1 x Arabian mare -------------------> Foal (Forest Horse/NAB x Arabian) x NAB
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Crossbreeding question

Post by Argent »

Probably not. The breed recipes are quite specific.
xXxDruidxXx
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by xXxDruidxXx »

I'm not sure if that would work but I do remember reading something about crossbreeding. Say if you needed a 3A+B you could breed (A+B)+(A+A). You could also breed (3A+B)+(3A+B) and you could still get the same outcome. Yet if that cross-breeding already created a new breed it wont work anymore. I don't know if that made sense XD but yanoo I tried.
Kikary
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Kikary »

in this case, breeding all these crosses do not make a new breed only the: (Forest Horse x NAB) x (NAB x Arabian) = west African Barb

but i bred them already and will se if it works
Kikary
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Kikary »

I have Half North African Barb, and they are not west because the do not fit some of the breed standard.
So if i cross them, for example with a mongolian i would not get the "normal" result sorraia right? because they are not "officialy" the West African Barn and so the progeny cant be named Sorraia.

the crossebreeds need to be recognised West African Barb by the game so that if bred with mongolian there offspring can be a sorraia? (if fit the breed standard)
xXxDruidxXx
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by xXxDruidxXx »

To be a particular breed they need to be specifically bred and they also need to fit the criteria (There's not 100% chance that the foal will be the new breed either way).
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

Kikary, you have it right now. A horse's breed name is the indicator of what it is considered. To breed a West African Barb, you MUST breed a horse than has both North African Barb and Forest Horse in its breed name to a horse with Forest Horse and Arabian in its breed name. For cross-breeding purposes you can ignore when it says part, half, or mixed and just go off the breed name. The only exception to the strict breeding requirements for new breeds is when a breed is created by breeding only two breeds together, like Ahlkal Tekes. They are created by breeding an Arabian to a Turkmene. In addition to doing that, you may breed an Arabian x Turkmene to another Arabian x Turkmene and get an Akhal-Teke
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
dontpanic13
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by dontpanic13 »

Nate,

When the breed recipe calls for [Arabian x Forest Horse] x [NAB x Forest Horse]. Does it matter what breed the dame and the sire is? For Example would [Forest Horse x Arabian] x [NAB x Forest Horse] still yield the same result?
xXxDruidxXx
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by xXxDruidxXx »

dontpanic13, it should still work I believe as it's still the same sum effectively like 1+3=4 and 3+1=4
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

No, it does not matter.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 10:29 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:29 pm