Community Forum

what colour is he

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Emilyjane12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

what colour is he

Post by Emilyjane12 »

what colour is he and has he got silver genes
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2133
tussock
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: what colour is he

Post by tussock »

Silver buckskin roan is my best guess :P

Both parents appears to be roan
The yellow gene (of the mother) is dominant.
And the sire is silver which also is dominant.
And since silver only is visible on bay or black horses (no chestnuts) it's what it is.
Then maybe the color name can be adjusted to something else, but yeah..
Emilyjane12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emilyjane12 »

tussock wrote:Silver buckskin roan is my best guess :P

Both parents appears to be roan
The yellow gene (of the mother) is dominant.
And the sire is silver which also is dominant.
And since silver only is visible on bay or black horses (no chestnuts) it's what it is.
Then maybe the color name can be adjusted to something else, but yeah..
ok he has a sister who has the same parents do you know what colour she is also is the buckskin mare a buckskin roan

this is her http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1687
tussock
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by tussock »

Roan yes, buckskin no. Buckskins are bay horses with 1 cream gene = dark legs, dark mane - like the mother. The silver in the colt above makes it have white mane.
She looks more like a Palamino (Chestnut with 1 cream gene) roan. Palaminos usually(/always?) have white mane, but since there's a silver dad she's probably silver even if it's not really visible. If you breed a chestnut mare to a silver bay and the foal get chestnut it will look chestnut but could be silver anyway, hidden until breed with a black based horse.

I would have (if it's possible) put the color name as "(Silver) Palomino Roan" or exclude the silver part if you remember what she probably/most likely are.
Emilyjane12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emilyjane12 »

tussock wrote:Roan yes, buckskin no. Buckskins are bay horses with 1 cream gene = dark legs, dark mane - like the mother. The silver in the colt above makes it have white mane.
She looks more like a Palamino (Chestnut with 1 cream gene) roan. Palaminos usually(/always?) have white mane, but since there's a silver dad she's probably silver even if it's not really visible. If you breed a chestnut mare to a silver bay and the foal get chestnut it will look chestnut but could be silver anyway, hidden until breed with a black based horse.

I would have (if it's possible) put the color name as "(Silver) Palomino Roan" or exclude the silver part if you remember what she probably/most likely are.
ok so her mum is just a roan not a buckskin also what should I name this colt above give me a name and ill name it him :D
tussock
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by tussock »

I'm no expert in horse colors xD But from what I'm pretty sure about these horses:
Oliver - Silver Bay Roan (I don't think he's seal brown but I may be very wrong)
Flower - Buckskin Roan OR Buckskin Rabicano (I haven't seen any rabicanos in the game so I'm not sure we have them? But the white patch in the tail suggest it)
Buttercup - Palomino Roan OR Palomino Rabicano ... Or perhaps both (Silver) Palomino Roan Robicano xD I don't know the genetics for rab's and I guess they can express all genes at once...
The colt - Silver Buckskin Roan

On the other hand if you take it just by look then Buttercup is Palomino Roan ... The other stuff can be put in notes and determined when she's breed later on in life.
Emilyjane12
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Emilyjane12 »

tussock wrote:I'm no expert in horse colors xD But from what I'm pretty sure about these horses:
Oliver - Silver Bay Roan (I don't think he's seal brown but I may be very wrong)
Flower - Buckskin Roan OR Buckskin Rabicano (I haven't seen any rabicanos in the game so I'm not sure we have them? But the white patch in the tail suggest it)
Buttercup - Palomino Roan OR Palomino Rabicano ... Or perhaps both (Silver) Palomino Roan Robicano xD I don't know the genetics for rab's and I guess they can express all genes at once...
The colt - Silver Buckskin Roan

On the other hand if you take it just by look then Buttercup is Palomino Roan ... The other stuff can be put in notes and determined when she's breed later on in life.
ok what should I name my colt im open to suggestion's :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 1:16 am

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:16 am