Community Forum

Skrimsli Stables ~ Breeding towards a Western show horse

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
CodeZero
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Skrimsli Stables ~ Breeding towards a Western show horse

Post by CodeZero »

Hello!
So, I was going to go for Icelandics originally. Mainly because Skrimsli is Icelandic for "sea monster" and honestly, I love anything that is Icelandic. Their animals are just beautiful. <3
Anyway, I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually. (And maybe even still aim for it.)
I will also try to have Appaloosas eventually, but for now, I will be focusing on something completely different and extremely difficult:
The Newfoundland Pony.

Stallions for Stud
Oni - Forest Horse http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/1308
Restless - Arabian http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/1308
Diablo - Exmoor Pony http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/8258
Black Cloud - Tarpan x Przewalski Horse http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/1011

For Sale
If you are interested in a horse that I have (especially a stallion or colt), I will probably be more than happy to part with it if you ask.

New Goal
I will not be breeding towards any particular breed of horse (although I might start towards Mustangs, Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, etc.). Instead, I will be breeding simply for whatever the heck I want! XD
This means, I will probably be breeding towards a more muscular horse (*cough* Forest Horse *cough*) but small enough that it would be easy to ride. They will also be bred more towards the Western disciplines. (Which is why I'll probably lean towards Mustangs, Appaloosas, etc.).
This is simply because, I think it will make the game more enjoyable for me if I'm breeding to see what interesting things I can get out of it and just for the sake of having fun, as opposed to aiming for one kind of goal!
Last edited by CodeZero on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 16 times in total.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Skrimsli Stables

Post by SeinaMacabre »

I need most of those breeds and cross-breeds aswell up to Exmoor Pony - I am working towards Black Forests.
Will definitely help you or swap some fresh blood if you will need. Good luck!
CodeZero
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Skrimsli Stables ~ (Eventually) Newfoundland Ponies

Post by CodeZero »

Thank you so much! I know I'm gonna need it! Good luck to you, too. =)
I've gotten four mares to start out with. Just waiting on my first breedings - hoping to get Exmoors and Akhal-Tekes from the breedings...
CodeZero
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by CodeZero »

So far, all of my original mares have had their foals.

Split Decision gave me a very nice Exmoor colt. He doesn't have any red traits, but no green traits, either.... But I'm happy with him! At least he's an Exmoor. =D
Mountain Climber had a nice little filly, but she's an Arabian x Turkmene, not registered as an Akhal-Teke, sadly. I'll be rehoming her probably.
Apache Clouds ended up coming through for me, however, and delivered a very nice Akhal-Teke colt.
Moon Dancer had another little colt who is a Przewalski x Tarpan mix. Which is fine, because I needed one of those, anyway!

I have another mare due in a few months, and I already rebred Split Decision and Mountain Climber.... I'll probably rebreed Apache next.
*Corvus*
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by *Corvus* »

I'm going to be working towards Highland ponies, so we should be able to help each other.
Mothorchid
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Mothorchid »

Not sure how far you've gotten, but I'm pretty close to having Connemaras, let me know if you need a stud from one of my crosses.
CodeZero
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by CodeZero »

Ah! Thanks, guys. =) I took a brief hiatus (college and work), but now I plan on coming back and keep going... Can't remember where I'm at, but... I'll definitely need studs! XD
CodeZero
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by CodeZero »

After my mares have their foals, I will be selling everyone (except for Oni and Summer Eclipse) in my Foundation Mares pasture to make room for Gen 2 and new blood!
Each mare will probably be up for sale for $100. I'm willing to trade any of them for a horse of similar quality. I just need new bloodlines. =)
*Corvus*
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by *Corvus* »

Someone has a Highland Pony! Unfortunateley, it's impossible to find out who!
CodeZero
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by CodeZero »

Well, at least people are close to my goal! XD
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 10:26 pm

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:26 pm