Community Forum

Competition Restrictions & Progression.

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Star
Visit My Farm

Competition Restrictions & Progression.

Post by Star »

I have to admit that I don't generally like the concept of turn-based/day-advancing because it causes a lot of inconsistencies among players and horses. Usually where foals can out-age their parents but I think the biggest issue I've noticed so far is that this is really hurting competitions.

There is absolutely no point in restricting a competition to a certain age because as far as I can tell the initial check is the only one that happens. So you get a horse that met the restriction but before that competition can run the horse in question can train up to a level unobtainable to horses that are actually at or under the maximum age that was set. It's not really fair but at the same time it's not entirely the players fault since this game is fairly fast paced due to the day/turn based mechanic but the competitions are not so fast paced which conflicts with the design as they're running at a much much slower passage of time.

I'm not really sure what the 'solution' would be except that perhaps changes to competitions themselves to make them more balanced to the average pace of the game. I do think that there needs to be additional checks before a show runs to disqualify horses that no longer meet the requirements of that particular show. It might make people have to think about what they enter and how quickly they train if they know there's a chance they will be disqualified and the entry fee not refunded.
Totina
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition Restrictions & Progression.

Post by Totina »

Actually this is not a problem. The competitions do not run on the stats a horse has at the moment, it is run on the stats the horses have when they are entered.
Khetienn
Visit My Farm

Post by Khetienn »

I believe that is what the OP is complaining about; the competition is set for whatever age, and your horse meets that age on entering, but has gained several years and a lot more training by the time the race actually starts. This would give your horse an unfair advantage in the race, since the only check is on entering the competition.

It would be nice if there were 2 checks for requirements. Once on entering, and one more a minute before the scheduled start of the race. That would help prevent some of the restricted competition being run (and potentially won) by horses that have progressed past the stated limits.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Totina just said that that is not how the shows are run. Your horses' scores are calculated AT TIME OF ENTRY, not when the show runs. You can train and age your horse as much as you like after entering a show and it WILL NOT give you an advantage.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 2:54 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:54 pm