Community Forum

Enable/disable individual new day notifications

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
teager
Visit My Farm

Enable/disable individual new day notifications

Post by teager »

Because I have a lot of horses in my barn, the green notification window that pops up when you advance the day extends down below the bottom of my screen with notifications of who's a happy horse and who's not getting enough energy. To the best of my knowledge, at least on chrome and on my phone, it doesn't seem possible to scroll down in this window to read the whole thing. As a result I frequently have foals get born without me noticing that they've been born, because their birth notifications are offscreen for me.

I would really love it if we had an option to select which notifications we want to see on each new day: I'd love to turn off happy horse notifications and/or not eating notifications so that on each new day, all I see is which mares have foaled.

It would also be very helpful to add to the new day notifications a notification for how each horse placed in any competitions they were in. So for example, after a competition you were entered in has ended, the next time you advance the day you'll get a popup stating how your horse ranked, what money he won, and how many points he earned.

If it's too much strain on the server to record individual users' notification settings, perhaps you could poll the community for the option to eliminate the happy horse notification altogether? It could be assumed that any horse who doesn't have a problem listed is likely a happy horse. That alone would greatly reduce the length of the notification list to allow us to more easily see the information that is the most relevant to each individual user.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Enable/disable individual new day notifications

Post by Argent »

You can always click the notification envelope up top to view which mares have foaled, but I agree that the happy horse message is unnecessary and would like to see it removed.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Enable/disable individual new day notifications

Post by larissar »

Actually this notification is left over from our testing phase and isn't going to be sticking around. Once I get to a chance to edit this the new day notification will only have messages if you actually need to be notified of something.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:17 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:17 am