Community Forum

What colour will this foal get???

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
#Yfke7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

What colour will this foal get???

Post by #Yfke7 »

Hi everyone!
2 of my mares just gave birth to these tiny foals and I was wondering what colour are they?
Magica LA

Brooks Button LA

Please help! :!:
BlackOak2
Last edited by #Yfke7 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#Yfke7
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: What colour will this foal get???

Post by #Yfke7 »

bump
Tjigra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

#Yfke7 wrote:Hi everyone!
2 of my mares just gave birth to these tiny foals and I was wondering what colour are they?
It is hard to tell while they are so young. They grow into their adult colour by the age of 1 year, then it gets more possible. The first one is cream-pearl something, the other appears to be double cream something.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

#Yfke7 wrote:
BlackOak2
Your ping is not coded correctly.
What you have:

Code: Select all

[quote]BlackOak2[/quote]
What you want:

Code: Select all

[quote="BlackOak2"]...[/quote]
You'll get it. :D

Tjigra is correct, especially when working with horses whose colors are already light because of dilutions, it gets even harder.

This first one, Magica, I'm not sure about at all. Tjigra says cream-pearl, and I am inclined to agree... maybe. Silver dapple double cream on champagne or maybe cream and pearl instead. But I'm fairly positive it's on black and has silver.

Brooks Button... I'm thinking silver double cream on bay, with those tobiano stockings. He'll look a lot like his dam.

So I agree with Tjigra.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tjigra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

BlackOak2 wrote:
This first one, Magica, I'm not sure about at all. Tjigra says cream-pearl, and I am inclined to agree... maybe. Silver dapple double cream on champagne or maybe cream and pearl instead. But I'm fairly positive it's on black and has silver.
Her sire has dark eyes while being almost white, that's why I think he is double pearl and Magica is cream-pearl, not double cream.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tjigra wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Her sire has dark eyes while being almost white, that's why I think he is double pearl and Magica is cream-pearl, not double cream.
Yes, Willy Wonka has dark eyes. He's a silver dapple with champagne and cream... I think... and not a triple dilute, I think... which is why I question whether it's two creams that were passed on or a cream and a pearl. I'm not always right with my dilutes, that's why I said I was agreeing with you. I didn't miss her sire, but it is also that sire that I'm unsure what was passed on, at least it makes me unsure of what was passed on.

That's all. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tjigra
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Tjigra wrote: Her sire has dark eyes while being almost white, that's why I think he is double pearl and Magica is cream-pearl, not double cream.
Yes, Willy Wonka has dark eyes. He's a silver dapple with champagne and cream... I think... and not a triple dilute, I think... which is why I question whether it's two creams that were passed on or a cream and a pearl. I'm not always right with my dilutes, that's why I said I was agreeing with you. I didn't miss her sire, but it is also that sire that I'm unsure what was passed on, at least it makes me unsure of what was passed on.

Oh, ok, I've missed the fact that there can be a horse this light without being either double cream, cream-pearl or double pearl :) I also didn't look at him past the fact that he is almost white and has dark eyes. I am hopeless with these many-dilutes :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tjigra wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Oh, ok, I've missed the fact that there can be a horse this light without being either double cream, cream-pearl or double pearl :) I also didn't look at him past the fact that he is almost white and has dark eyes. I am hopeless with these many-dilutes :)
You're in good company, I get mixed up myself often enough. In fact, you and I both could be missing something. We may both be corrected by another that is more familiar with these dilutes.

I am both looking forward to, and also kind of dreading when the next color release comes through. :| That'll be yet another set of genes on top of the ones we already have. :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 27, 2024 7:13 am

It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 7:13 am