Community Forum

Weekly Update - Aug 10

Official announcements about the new game.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Weekly Update - Aug 10

Post by larissar »

This weeks major update is the addition of Conformation Stat Effects.
A horses conformation will now affect his physical abilities. For example, a horse which is massive and build like a tank will have his full strength potential unlocked, whereas a very light horse just isn't capable of the same feats of strength. The light horse could have the same genetic strength as the massive draft, but his physical conformation is a barrier. On the flipside though that same draft horse is never going to be as fast as the very light horse, even if they have the same genetic speed, because the draft horse just has much more mass to move.
Each stat is affected by multiple conformation points. The Discipline Books, which are coming in a future update, will help to understand how a horses conformation is connected to a discipline/combination of stats.

I've spent considerable time this past week fine-tuning the various effects so that the top horses in each discipline should reflect their real-life counterparts. It will take quite some time and selective breeding for the right conformation combinations to begin appearing as the top horses in each discipline. So breeders and competitors alike will need to work together to bring out the best in each horse and in each breed.

Competition Trait Updates
I've made adjustments to two competitions. This is not a decision I make lightly as it can have very strong, and sometimes negative, effects on some players breeding and training goals however it was necessary in order for the correct type/conformation of horse to win these events.

Driven Dressage is now: movement, balance, strength, tempo
Show Jumping is now: balance, strength, agility, speed

Breeders Reports and Red/Green Stats
In combination with the conformation bonus adjustments I've made some adjustments to the Breeders Report as it was under-reporting some horses. I've also adjusted the threshold for Red (poor) and Green (good) stats to be highlighted. Both are more uncommon now, with Green much harder to get than Red. You can improve your future foals by breeding horses with Breeders Reports which sound positive. Continue doing this and overtime you'll begin to see Green stats appearing, and you'll begin to see your herds conformation change and move towards the ideal for the stats you've raised.

Content Update
I'm going to aim to have some new content added in each week at the same time I post the Weekly Update. I've run out of time this morning so the content update will be added in tonight. This week it will be the addition of more pasture sizes and additional colour selections. If you want to suggest a colour to see then post a reply here.

Fuscontidox
Visit My Farm

Re: Weekly Update - Aug 10

Post by Fuscontidox »

Below
Last edited by Fuscontidox on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Fuscontidox wrote::o only solids right???

I'd like to see flaxen liver chestnut, I haven't seen any and I'm not sure if its out

I'd also like to see the grey covers so light/dark dapples, fleabitten(blo.ody shoulder), steal grey, white grey, and obviously regular grey XD faulty grey would be awesome as well :3

I doubt you mean white patterns but if that's included just reply back to my comment and ill edit this post ^^
We do actually have some very striking flaxen livers available in the game. I'm not sure if anyone has created or adopted one just yet.

But, what I'm actually looking for is suggestions for pasture/fence colours. Right now we have White, and a Tan/Brown. I've got a nice Black fence planned as well. But we can also do multi-colour fences and more.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

I am not one for the fancy colours. I would prefer something in white/black/brown, but maybe in different style.
dontpanic13
Visit My Farm

Post by dontpanic13 »

I agree with Seina, different styles would look good but as far as colors white/black/brown would be good. If people want more variety there could be different shades of brown as well.
Fuscontidox
Visit My Farm

Post by Fuscontidox »

ah in that case :3 I also am not a fan of fancy colors, I mean expensive gates that were gold, brass, silver or some thing like that maybe for those super expensive high value type of people who prefer those looks. but personally, I like natural wood! dark woods especially, and I like cherry wood ^^

so those are my suggestions
Sezzas
Visit My Farm

Post by Sezzas »

If you want to do something more colorful, I'd suggest a lighter blue. Mostly because blue is my favorite color xD
And then yeah, dark wood. I like dark colors c:
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

wood: black, white, light/dark brown
metal (if added): silver, black, red, green
Tyyni
Visit My Farm

Post by Tyyni »

Wood: Black (painted) White (painted) Brown (walnut and perhaps maple or hickory for dark/light)
Raven
Visit My Farm

Post by Raven »

Thank you very much for this amazing game! I waithed for it for a year and I am really satisfyed!
Here are some of mine ideas for a better playing:
>We need search tabs for horses. In the sales is VERY difficult find the right horse, the abilities it should have and the breed of it.
>Same search table is needed in the studs.
>Aging with weeks is really difficult. It is better aging in months.
>Time. So, I would prefer chose which horses I want to age and which not. Is hard to train all the horses again and again, when I could choose what horse I want to age.
>More time. Only 6 or 12 "clocks" is not enough. It would be better have max 30 "clocks". We are now developing the breeds and we need more time.
That`s all! Thank you for reading :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 8:24 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:24 pm