Community Forum

New breeds

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
The_Gaminghorse
Visit My Farm

New breeds

Post by The_Gaminghorse »

Hello! I have been trying to create the Apex Quarter horse but have seemed to be unsuccessful. I have bred my Quarter horse and thoroughbred together and got the 50% Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred thing. Is it possible to get an Apex Quarter horse out of a 50%? (I also tried this with the Quarter Pony, although different horses :P)
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Re: New breeds

Post by Tjigra »

The_Gaminghorse wrote:Hello! I have been trying to create the Apex Quarter horse but have seemed to be unsuccessful. I have bred my Quarter horse and thoroughbred together and got the 50% Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred thing. Is it possible to get an Apex Quarter horse out of a 50%? (I also tried this with the Quarter Pony, although different horses :P)
You have to fulfill the breed's requirements as well as using the right recipe to create a new breed. You can see the requirements when you buy the book for the breed you are trying to create and then evaluate your potential pairing against the book.
It is not necessary for the parents to be green in everything, but they need to produce a foal who does score green in all the requirements (sometimes you get a new breed when one of the measurements is just slightly off, but that happens very rarely). I've found it easier to get the foal right when the parents are on the opposite ends of the needed spectrum (like a mare barely tall enough to fit the bill, and a stallion a bit too tall), other people try to find a pairing that scores good in every measurement (they are called 5* horses for the breed). And of course, you need to keep to the recipe with the parents' breeds.
For the breeds that are created with just two breeds, you can also get the desired breed if you breed two crossbreds together. (Like if you get a breed C by breeding breed A to breed B, you can also get C while breeding AxB to AxB. Doesn't work for recipes of more than two breeds). Part-, half- and even mixed breeds do just fine, as long as they only have the necessary breeds listed. (If recipe calls for Arabian, a "mixed Arabian" is fine, while "part Arabian x Tarpan" is not.) In the case with Appendix QH, you can create the breed with a TB x QH if you breed it to another TBx QH, as long as the foal fits the measures.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 2:03 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:03 am