Community Forum

What's the right disciplines for my horses? + Stamina training

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
CrescentMoonStables
Visit My Farm

What's the right disciplines for my horses? + Stamina training

Post by CrescentMoonStables »

So I started just 6 days ago, 2/10/2020, and I only have two horses so far;
- Lively Ballet : http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2300374
- ૨ɱ Heaven's Fireball : http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2297528

I have been looking things up through the forums and stuff like that, but i'm still not sure what to do right now.

So i've tried my two horses in different competitions and also in local shows, to try to figure out what disciplines works best for them.
As I said, i've read on forums to try to learn things about it, like, one thing I read is that a lot of the time Arabian horses are good at Endurance. Also, one of the forums I was on, basically shows what stats are good for what discipline (http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... php?t=1235)

So i look at that and i thought that it seemed like Lively Ballet could be good at Endurance/Dressage/Western Trail possibly and Heaven's Fireball at Western Trail/Show Jumping?
But i'm not sure.

~ Also, i would like some tips on what training choices i should do to train stamina the most effective? Since i read it's a good idea to get the stamina stat up before anything else. ~

What should i do, for the local shows and the competitions as it looks right now on my horses Competition Records?

Lively Ballet:

Heaven's Fireball:

Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What's the right disciplines for my horses? + Stamina training

Post by Mlloftus »

CrescentMoonStables wrote:So I started just 6 days ago, 2/10/2020, and I only have two horses so far;

I have been looking things up through the forums and stuff like that, but i'm still not sure what to do right now.

So i've tried my two horses in different competitions and also in local shows, to try to figure out what disciplines works best for them.
As I said, i've read on forums to try to learn things about it, like, one thing I read is that a lot of the time Arabian horses are good at Endurance. Also, one of the forums I was on, basically shows what stats are good for what discipline (http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... php?t=1235)

So i look at that and i thought that it seemed like Lively Ballet could be good at Endurance/Dressage/Western Trail possibly and Heaven's Fireball at Western Trail/Show Jumping?
But i'm not sure.

~ Also, i would like some tips on what training choices i should do to train stamina the most effective? Since i read it's a good idea to get the stamina stat up before anything else. ~

What should i do, for the local shows and the competitions as it looks right now on my horses Competition Records?

Lively Ballet:

Heaven's Fireball:

I would say that both would be good at dressage :D
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
CrescentMoonStables
Visit My Farm

mlloftus wrote:I would say that both would be good at dressage :D
Okay, thank you! Really appreciate it :D

Do you have any tips for stamina training? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Also if anyone else have tips, feel free to help me out more, I appreciate it! :D ~
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

CrescentMoonStables wrote:So I started just 6 days ago, 2/10/2020, and I only have two horses so far;

But i'm not sure.

Lively Ballet:

Heaven's Fireball:

Hi,
For discipline evaluation I use these Excel table. For Lively Ballet if I consider his conformation and breeders report his strongest disciplines are Western Pleasure and Western Trail and for ૨ɱ Heaven's Fireball are Western Pleasure and Working Ranch.
CrescentMoonStables
Visit My Farm

Pieta wrote:Hi,
For discipline evaluation I use these Excel table. For Lively Ballet if I consider his conformation and breeders report his strongest disciplines are Western Pleasure and Western Trail and for ૨ɱ Heaven's Fireball are Western Pleasure and Working Ranch.
Thank you! :D Appreciate it a lot!
What would u say is the best choices in training to make stamina go up the most effective?
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

CrescentMoonStables wrote:
Pieta wrote:Hi,
Thank you! :D Appreciate it a lot!
What would u say is the best choices in training to make stamina go up the most effective?
When the horsee is partly trained he or she needs less and less energy for training and can be trained longer and longer and so stamina go up quicker. There is nothing you can really do except training courses.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

CrescentMoonStables wrote:...
I'll help to cover the stamina question a little more thoroughly.

In order to train up stamina the quickest, you'll need to also do your player skills in stamina (but energy saver and the training techniques, including advanced training should take precedence before the stamina skill training).

After that, the direct training of the horse should indeed favor stamina. You do this by choosing the Lunge On Flat option with arena and walk your primary options. Do the longest period you can, each time (30 minutes or 20 minutes, so on).

There are other activity options to choose that also include stamina. You can try one of these. The activity you choose for stamina training however, doesn't appear to change the amount of stamina you acquire in each round of training. So if you choose to focus on training, the Lunge On Flat method fulfills the stamina need without applying other fatigues that you might induce with a higher difficulty activity.

Once you understand the basics of training and what it does, then play with all the activities, terrains and gaits and choose the best method for your needs and desires.

Does that satisfy your stamina question, or does that need more?
We're here if you need more answers. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
CrescentMoonStables
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
CrescentMoonStables wrote:...
I'll help to cover the stamina question a little more thoroughly.

In order to train up stamina the quickest, you'll need to also do your player skills in stamina (but energy saver and the training techniques, including advanced training should take precedence before the stamina skill training).

After that, the direct training of the horse should indeed favor stamina. You do this by choosing the Lunge On Flat option with arena and walk your primary options. Do the longest period you can, each time (30 minutes or 20 minutes, so on).

There are other activity options to choose that also include stamina. You can try one of these. The activity you choose for stamina training however, doesn't appear to change the amount of stamina you acquire in each round of training. So if you choose to focus on training, the Lunge On Flat method fulfills the stamina need without applying other fatigues that you might induce with a higher difficulty activity.

Once you understand the basics of training and what it does, then play with all the activities, terrains and gaits and choose the best method for your needs and desires.

Does that satisfy your stamina question, or does that need more?
We're here if you need more answers. :mrgreen:
So hm, I would do Lunge On Flat the longest time possible then, in the Arena.
But thing is im a bit confused as to what is the best thing to do in this situation:

My horse doesnt have stamina enough yet to do 20 minutes, so it goes over 100% (that is on Lunge On Flat + Arena + Walk) :

So that would mean I have to stick to 10 minutes until stamina has gone higher up, and he can do 20 minutes.
And now i would have to stick to this:

But, since (on the picture above) the energy use doesnt go over 55%, I wonder if it could be a good idea to change the training options a bit, to get more out of the training..?
So im thinking, I can change the activity to "Collection and Impulsion" to still get the same stamina from that + some extra stats. That way i use more of the energy, without going over 100%, and get more out of each day?

Also, I could even change the Gait (like on picture below) or the Terrain, without going past 100%, and that way get even more "stat points" out of each training/out of each day.
Like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is that a good thing to do, or should i stick to the Second picture (Lunge on Flat, Arena, Walk, 10 min), or maybe do some other combination, because the one i just showed on the last picture, isnt a very good idea to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, about what u said:

BlackOak2 wrote:In order to train up stamina the quickest, you'll need to also do your player skills in stamina (but energy saver and the training techniques, including advanced training should take precedence before the stamina skill training).

What does that mean? I have seen the "player skills" and the points u can put in the "player profile", but I dont understand,
1. Where the "player skills in stamina" are? 2. Where "energy saver" is?
As for the training techniques skills/advanced training, i think i know what those are..?
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

This thread helped me immensely. In fact there are a lot of hidden gems in the Guides and How To forum. I'd recommend spending some time there.
CrescentMoonStables
Visit My Farm

Hilayla wrote:This thread helped me immensely. In fact there are a lot of hidden gems in the Guides and How To forum. I'd recommend spending some time there.

Oh okay well thank you!
I have tried looking around a bit but, i guess i should look more then :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:20 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:20 pm