Community Forum

What's the right disciplines for my horses? + Stamina training

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
CrescentMoonStables
Visit My Farm

Re: What's the right disciplines for my horses? + Stamina training

Post by CrescentMoonStables »

BlackOak2 wrote:~
Sorry for the long msg btw XD
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

CrescentMoonStables wrote:
Hilayla wrote:This thread helped me immensely. In fact there are a lot of hidden gems in the Guides and How To forum. I'd recommend spending some time there.

Oh okay well thank you!
I have tried looking around a bit but, i guess i should look more then :)
Yes, that DWM training guide is certainly the one the HWO community turns to, to begin the training side of our accounts.

If you're still stuck, the skills are learned (you may already know or have seen some of this), under player, skills, training.
Until you do some of the skills (click start, wait for finish then click finish), there will be a lot of the potential learning that will remain hidden. You will need to do the basic training before you can unlock the specific stats training (if memory serves). So you will need to do those first.
As for the points to be used for the player, you choose which attribute you want to stick your point on. When you do, the skills affected by that attribute will change and shorten the learning time when choosing those skills that are affected. However, there is also talk that those attributes may also affect other things on this game (we haven't yet found proof of that though).

Remember, that you can train a horse multiple times in a day. So of course you won't be able to train a horse to 110% energy usage. But if you use the 10 minute time slot and then the 5 minute time slot, you should be able to maximize energy usage and stat gain (collection and impulsion are at your choice). Also remember that fatigue has a role to play as well. If you climb above about 20% fatigue, then your stat gain versus time used is rather useless. But you won't be able to see just how much fatigue your horse will use until you train. The activities offer a little bit of hint with the difficulty level.

And finally, as your horse's stamina trains up, the length of time it can train in a given activity will also increase. So when your horse hits about 20% stamina training, you should (arguably) find quite a difference in the minutes and energy used and also in the fatigue.

Just watch what happens as you churn the turns. One turn you might not notice too much change, but after the third or fourth turn, you should really begin seeing differences.

Just starting out, with little or no player skills in training complete, don't be surprised that it'll take you between 7 and 9 years before your horse will be fully trained. But it's a good learning experience.
When you have about half your training skills complete (it'll take about a month's real time, three weeks or so), your training on the horse will be about 4 years. Fully maxed out, you'll be able to train in somewhere at or just under 2 years 6 months.

Did I get it this time? Did the guide help? Do you have additional questions?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

CrescentMoonStables wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:~
Sorry for the long msg btw XD
It's not a problem. :D
I understand when things get a bit frustrating, or irritating.

We're here to help the community along, thus the community can continue to help itself.

Welcome both to the game and to the community. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 2:51 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:51 am