Community Forum

What do you think he is? Silver Dapple of some sort...

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

What do you think he is? Silver Dapple of some sort...

Post by LadyRuthven »

He is so unique looking. I know he must be a silver dapple of some sort but what exactly? Also, would this be a rare color or pretty common? I might try to breed more of this coloring if I can.

I personally think he is gorgeous!

.:RS:. Smoke Bringer
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: What do you think he is? Silver Dapple of some sort...

Post by BlackOak2 »

LadyRuthven wrote:He is so unique looking. I know he must be a silver dapple of some sort but what exactly? Also, would this be a rare color or pretty common? I might try to breed more of this coloring if I can.

I personally think he is gorgeous!
Silver dapple, you're correct. That tells you that it's silver paired with the black gene.
The brilliantly light color also tells you that he's a dilute of some sort.
There are freckles you can see on his nose, this explains that there's also champagne.

Because this is a pseudo-white, and because the freckles are quite pale, but not nearly invisible, there is likely just one cream gene.

There also appear to be tiger eye (one gene), those are gray eyes toward the green spectrum and not blue eyes.

So the color might be something like: Silver Dapple Classic Cream with tiger eye

As a last note, I might be corrected on something. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Semi-rare color. More rare as a purebred then a mixed or grade. And until you breed out the chestnut and agouti, rather a bit difficult to maintain and duplicate. But black base is a good start. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by LadyRuthven »

BlackOak2 wrote:Semi-rare color. More rare as a purebred then a mixed or grade. And until you breed out the chestnut and agouti, rather a bit difficult to maintain and duplicate. But black base is a good start. :D
Ohhhh...awesome! So, I'm getting closer to the really rare black silver dapples. Yay! lol I'll keep trying and see if I can get there. I just love these dappled coats. :D Thank you!
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

LadyRuthven wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Semi-rare color. More rare as a purebred then a mixed or grade. And until you breed out the chestnut and agouti, rather a bit difficult to maintain and duplicate. But black base is a good start. :D
Ohhhh...awesome! So, I'm getting closer to the really rare black silver dapples. Yay! lol I'll keep trying and see if I can get there. I just love these dappled coats. :D Thank you!
Your on your way... just be careful breeding him to champagnes... you might loose that dapple and end up in Champagne Wheel of Terror!!!!! (DUN DUN DUN!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) :lol: trust me it is a thing... I see it in my Arabs... once champagnes are there they are there forever... unless you get rid of the line... its like: Champagne + Champagne= weird champagne that throws a obscene amount of Buckskins... and other pale horses. :lol: I'm mostly kidding... but I'm also not... :) just ask Oak...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:
LadyRuthven wrote:
Your on your way... just be careful breeding him to champagnes... you might loose that dapple and end up in Champagne Wheel of Terror!!!!! (DUN DUN DUN!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ) :lol: trust me it is a thing... I see it in my Arabs... once champagnes are there they are there forever... unless you get rid of the line... its like: Champagne + Champagne= weird champagne that throws a obscene amount of Buckskins... and other pale horses. :lol: I'm mostly kidding... but I'm also not... :) just ask Oak...
:lol:
Sometimes, such things do irritate us.
Pangare on my tarpans is a problem. That's from those belgians. :roll:

Many of us have those problem colors... and in some of our cases, they get 'bred out'... but not really, they end up being cryptics instead.

*Sigh* Sometimes it's an impossible task to win... :?

:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by LadyRuthven »

Honeybunny#2 wrote:...
BlackOak2 wrote:...
:lol: OMG, yes! I am starting to get more and more champagnes in my line. (Facepalm) I keep trying to breed my dapples back into soild black bases and that seems to be helping. I have gotten some nicely colored dapples from this guy here luckily. I will say that I am just falling in love with any dappled colors. They are just so pretty! :D :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

LadyRuthven wrote:
:lol: OMG, yes! I am starting to get more and more champagnes in my line. (Facepalm) I keep trying to breed my dapples back into soild black bases and that seems to be helping. I have gotten some nicely colored dapples from this guy here luckily. I will say that I am just falling in love with any dappled colors. They are just so pretty! :D :D
It is a great color. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Honeybunny#2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Honeybunny#2 »

LadyRuthven wrote:
YAY!!! :) dapples are pretty
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 10:23 pm

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:23 pm