Community Forum

Training question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
EnigmaColt
Visit My Farm

Training question

Post by EnigmaColt »

Does the length of the training affect the horse achievement in competition? It is possible that if it takes longer to train a horse had a slight bad affect in competitions? or more developed training skills has a slight good affect on it? or the age of account maybe? Have you ever noticed something like that?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Training question

Post by BlackOak2 »

EnigmaColt wrote:Does the length of the training affect the horse achievement in competition? It is possible that if it takes longer to train a horse had a slight bad affect in competitions? or more developed training skills has a slight good affect on it? or the age of account maybe? Have you ever noticed something like that?
Only the entire training amount affects the horse's performance (such as a halfway speed trained horse will 'generally' do worse than one with full speed training, though as I say that, don't forget that HGP, genes and conformation has a lot to do with it as well).

I haven't seen a change in performance of horses based on the training skills of the trainer or the owner. Nor of the age of the account.

I have seen a confirmed grinder have a slightly different performance with one owner versus another, but not in the player-made competition side. And all I offer is the earnings of the days and PT. The placement of the horse in the local shows or also in the player-made competitions do not change enough, or at all, to indicate (at least to me) that there is a relationship between owner training skills and horse competition.

I have seen the performance of a horse appear to drop off a bit as the horse ages, but that could be as much from the competition changes or from age. Though I haven't seen such a drop-off appear across the board with every horse in any competition. So I'm apt to believing that such a drop-off is from the competition and not the age of the horse.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
EnigmaColt
Visit My Farm

Re: Training question

Post by EnigmaColt »

BlackOak2 wrote:
EnigmaColt wrote:Does the length of the training affect the horse achievement in competition? It is possible that if it takes longer to train a horse had a slight bad affect in competitions? or more developed training skills has a slight good affect on it? or the age of account maybe? Have you ever noticed something like that?
Only the entire training amount affects the horse's performance (such as a halfway speed trained horse will 'generally' do worse than one with full speed training, though as I say that, don't forget that HGP, genes and conformation has a lot to do with it as well).

I haven't seen a change in performance of horses based on the training skills of the trainer or the owner. Nor of the age of the account.

I have seen a confirmed grinder have a slightly different performance with one owner versus another, but not in the player-made competition side. And all I offer is the earnings of the days and PT. The placement of the horse in the local shows or also in the player-made competitions do not change enough, or at all, to indicate (at least to me) that there is a relationship between owner training skills and horse competition.

I have seen the performance of a horse appear to drop off a bit as the horse ages, but that could be as much from the competition changes or from age. Though I haven't seen such a drop-off appear across the board with every horse in any competition. So I'm apt to believing that such a drop-off is from the competition and not the age of the horse.
thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 2:03 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:03 am