Community Forum

How to Choose a Fair Price

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
kat1324271
Visit My Farm

How to Choose a Fair Price

Post by kat1324271 »

What is the average price for a fully trained horse?
I breed/buy Arabians with Gold stats (6 for stallions) and typically 60,000+ HGP and sometimes I choose to keep and train the ones I take a liking to but find it to be a bit of a pain to enter all said horses in competitions. When they're pretty much fully trained how much should they go for? All this being said I realize Arabians are a common breed and other rare breeds with possibly lower stats could go for higher when trained, I would just like some honest opinions as I do not have much experience with all this lol.
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Re: How to Choose a Fair Price

Post by Veterinarian »

kat1324271 wrote:What is the average price for a fully trained horse?
I breed/buy Arabians with Gold stats (6 for stallions) and typically 60,000+ HGP and sometimes I choose to keep and train the ones I take a liking to but find it to be a bit of a pain to enter all said horses in competitions. When they're pretty much fully trained how much should they go for? All this being said I realize Arabians are a common breed and other rare breeds with possibly lower stats could go for higher when trained, I would just like some honest opinions as I do not have much experience with all this lol.
Prices on HWO vary on many things.

In order to get a trained horse you pay around 25k (or more) so add that to the horse you want to buy.

If it is a popular breed like thoroughbred then the price can actually go up to millions.

For Arabians though it varies as well. If the Arabian is a grinder then the price can go up to 500k (which tbh is pretty high, usually around 100k but I have seen well-known players sell grinders for 400k)

If your horse has a rare colour then you can add a bit to the price

If your horse has a good HGP (or comments etc.) then again you can add to the price

If your horse has good conformation you can add tot he price

Same goes with a nice pedigree, titles etc.
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

If they have 5+ stats and HGP over 60,000 I think the lowest they should go for is $50,000. Ad 5k-10k for rare colors, +25k-50k for champion, if they're really good in something (example- 95% win rate in endurance at MGCh level) you can add $100,000 to them.

(Added)

Here's an example- https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2333768

This horse isn't fully trained, but when he is, I would put him as $100,000 or best offer. People like these big, tall, long legged Arabians. He also has a nice Dappled coat, which people like. He has a 71,000 HGP, which is very good, a something people like. And he has 6 golds, which is, again, something people really like.
kat1324271
Visit My Farm

Post by kat1324271 »

Katy_Kanes wrote:
If they have 5+ stats and HGP over 60,000 I think the lowest they should go for is $50,000. Ad 5k-10k for rare colors, +25k-50k for champion, if they're really good in something (example- 95% win rate in endurance at MGCh level) you can add $100,000 to them.

(Added)

This horse isn't fully trained, but when he is, I would put him as $100,000 or best offer. People like these big, tall, long legged Arabians. He also has a nice Dappled coat, which people like. He has a 71,000 HGP, which is very good, a something people like. And he has 6 golds, which is, again, something people really like.
Thank you so very much for all that info! I now have a better understanding of what I'm dealing with. I realize certain breeds are really popular but I suppose my question is what breeds, and why? Like is it stats, ease of access to them, competition competencies, or mostly looks? Thank you so much again for your very detailed answer, I really appreciate it.
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

kat1324271 wrote:
Katy_Kanes wrote:

(Added)

Thank you so very much for all that info! I now have a better understanding of what I'm dealing with. I realize certain breeds are really popular but I suppose my question is what breeds, and why? Like is it stats, ease of access to them, competition competencies, or mostly looks? Thank you so much again for your very detailed answer, I really appreciate it.
Arabians are good “grinders”- you train them, compete them in lvl 10 competitions daily, earn PT & days from them, and you do this till they die.

There is a big racing industry on HWO- that’s why Thoroughbreds are so popular.

Rare breeds because not everyone can have them.

Standardbreds kind of popped off in late February/Early March.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:11 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:11 am