Community Forum

Champing Question

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
askeek
Visit My Farm

Champing Question

Post by askeek »

Hey! So I have this horse here that I've bred to be a dressage horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2376833
I sent him off to be champed this week but pulled him out early since his win % in dressage was so low. He has high movement confo and in theory, he looks like he'd perform well. His body type is very light which I know isn't ideal for dressage and his temperament is bombproof which again isn't ideal (unfortunately I can't seem to get him any hotter).
So I guess my question is, how come he performed so poorly in dressage? Is there some factor I'm missing?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: Champing Question

Post by PeacefulOreo »

countrygal23 wrote:Hey! So I have this horse here that I've bred to be a dressage horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2376833
I sent him off to be champed this week but pulled him out early since his win % in dressage was so low. He has high movement confo and in theory, he looks like he'd perform well. His body type is very light which I know isn't ideal for dressage and his temperament is bombproof which again isn't ideal (unfortunately I can't seem to get him any hotter).
So I guess my question is, how come he performed so poorly in dressage? Is there some factor I'm missing?
For dressage, the horse needs to have good movement, tempo, and balance and not just movement alone. That could be part of it. Also you need both good conformation and breeders report comments in each of the needed stats for any particular discipline. That horse may have 58 movement but the movement isn't highlighted in gold so that's part of why that horse isn't doing well. The tempo conformation, tempo comment on breeders report, balance conformation, and the balance comment on the breeders report is good.
askeek
Visit My Farm

Post by askeek »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
countrygal23 wrote:Hey! So I have this horse here that I've bred to be a dressage horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2376833
For dressage, the horse needs to have good movement, tempo, and balance and not just movement alone. That could be part of it. Also you need both good conformation and breeders report comments in each of the needed stats for any particular discipline. That horse may have 58 movement but the movement isn't highlighted in gold so that's part of why that horse isn't doing well. The tempo conformation, tempo comment on breeders report, balance conformation, and the balance comment on the breeders report is good.
Thanks for the response! Gold/green movement BR comments are so hard to breed but I'm definitely working on that. One of his recent foals produced me my first green movement comment so hopefully they'll do better. When I'm breeding for conformation, in this case tempo and balance, do you have any tips to not decrease the stats that are already good? I don't want movement to decrease much since I've worked hard to get it up. I don't have premium either so I have to eyeball most of the physical features like stifle placement (for example).
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

countrygal23 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Thanks for the response! Gold/green movement BR comments are so hard to breed but I'm definitely working on that. One of his recent foals produced me my first green movement comment so hopefully they'll do better. When I'm breeding for conformation, in this case tempo and balance, do you have any tips to not decrease the stats that are already good? I don't want movement to decrease much since I've worked hard to get it up. I don't have premium either so I have to eyeball most of the physical features like stifle placement (for example).
Just keep breeding your best stallions to your best mares but even then, you're not always going to get a foal that has a breeders report as good as the parents or better.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:52 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:52 pm