Community Forum

Hosting Competitions? Entering them??

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
bechena
Visit My Farm

Hosting Competitions? Entering them??

Post by bechena »

I am generally confused by the competition system, here are a few of my questions:

1. Why does it show old competitions (dates have already passed) when you search for one?

2. Why can you still enter old competitions?

3. Why do some competitions cost more to enter than the prize money that's given out?

4. Why are some competitions only listed for geldings?

5. How come we can choose to hold a competition for certain breeds, but you can't search or filter those breed in the search bar?

6. How do people profit from hosting competitions?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by bechena on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Hosting Competitions? Entering them??

Post by BlackOak2 »

bechena wrote:I am generally confused by the competition system, here are a few of my questions:

1. Why does it show old competitions (dates have already passed) when you search for one?

2. Why can you still enter old competitions?

3. Why do some competitions cost more to enter than the prize money that's given out?

4. Why are some competitions only listed for geldings?

5. How come we can choose to hold a competition for certain breeds, but you can't search or filter those breed in the search bar?

6. How do people profit from hosting competitions?

Thanks in advance!
Some of your answers can be found in the following link.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9859

I will, however, also give you a brief rundown for your questions.
1. Because these old competitions are likely not filled yet, so they haven't yet run (there needs to be a minimum of 5 entries to run).

2. Because there needs to be a minimum of 5 entries to run. :D

3. Because player-made competitions (that's the competitions you're looking at) are made so that we CAN create high pot, high entry or also high pot and high entry competitions. There are a number of reasons to do this, in some cases it's because the host wants to, in some cases it's because the host messed up applying the correct numbers.

4. We have the option for choosing gelding-only competitions, just like mare-only and stallion-only. But geldings aren't yet released into the game. So gelding-only competitions are made in error by the hosts. There is nothing we can do about them currently. I do not know if admin can delete them manually or not.

5. I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. If you go to competitions, open the drop-down, click on Upcoming Events, one of the options does have breed option listed. If, however, you go to a horse and access the competitions from the horse's profile page, the search will only bring up competitions in which that specific horse is eligible for. But there is also a breed option there as well.

6. This is also answered fairly thoroughly in the link I offered, so I'll only give a brief answer here. Half of each entry is awarded to the host, the other half goes into the pot.

Anything else? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 1:56 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:56 am