Community Forum

Barn bug? Horses never gaining weight?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Deslumbrar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Barn bug? Horses never gaining weight?

Post by Deslumbrar »

I vaguely remember there was a bug awhile ago with horses in barns losing and then never gaining weight back, is that still happening? Or is it just this particular horse? I have him eating a ton of feed and hes still at poor...

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2404421
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Re: Barn bug? Horses never gaining weight?

Post by Soaring Hooves »

You're giving him more food than he can eat. Under the feed you're giving him, it tells you how much feed he's getting and the numbers are red. My suggestion is to give him 100% weight gain mix. That's all I know and I hope this helped!
Deslumbrar wrote:I vaguely remember there was a bug awhile ago with horses in barns losing and then never gaining weight back, is that still happening? Or is it just this particular horse? I have him eating a ton of feed and hes still at poor...

"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Deslumbrar wrote:I vaguely remember there was a bug awhile ago with horses in barns losing and then never gaining weight back, is that still happening? Or is it just this particular horse? I have him eating a ton of feed and hes still at poor...

Yes, there is still a weight bug that's lurking around. It does still hit random horses. If you catch it by about a year and a half, sometimes... sometimes you can get their weight just right before you can't readjust it anymore. But you need to catch it really quick.

I don't know if your horse is bugged like that though. Him being so small, it's hard to tell and in this case, it's easier to keep these ultra-tiny on pasture then in barns. They just can't manage to eat enough, even with weight gain sometimes to stay good.
Still, we don't need to worry about loosing our horses from being obese or starving. Only way they still die is by age and that still starts at 17 years, with increasing chance with each turn.

So it's likely what Skyler Brooks replied. He can't eat enough. :mrgreen: And still, with the weight gain, it appears he can't stuff his gullet even now.

We also have a new guide that Silverine wrote up that will help with feeding, if you should need a refresher:
It's a little over halfway down, in the taking the first turn section: viewtopic.php?p=149812#149812
Or you can just jump to the more intensive one here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21892

By the way, Welcome Back! :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Post by HiLove »

Hi love! I’m having the same problem, except that my horse isn’t losing weight. I know this probably isn’t a real bug, but it’s driving me crazy. Can you (or anyone else) help with this? Thanks, and as always, LYBL! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HiLove wrote:

Hi love! I’m having the same problem, except that my horse isn’t losing weight. I know this probably isn’t a real bug, but it’s driving me crazy. Can you (or anyone else) help with this? Thanks, and as always, LYBL! (Live Your Best Life)
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
Check out the reply in the linked topic:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23989

And then also these two topics (basic and advanced feeding guides if you haven't already):
viewtopic.php?p=149812#149812
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21892

After looking over your horses, I didn't immediately see a horse with an obvious weight problem. You have a couple that are too thin and one that is 'fat' but your feeding schedules all look appropriate enough. So if you do have a specific question about a specific horse, you'll need to link it.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HiLove
Visit My Farm

Post by HiLove »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HiLove wrote:
- HiLove
~MH~ Mercer Herd Farm
Check out the reply in the linked topic:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23989

And then also these two topics (basic and advanced feeding guides if you haven't already):
viewtopic.php?p=149812#149812
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21892

After looking over your horses, I didn't immediately see a horse with an obvious weight problem. You have a couple that are too thin and one that is 'fat' but your feeding schedules all look appropriate enough. So if you do have a specific question about a specific horse, you'll need to link it.
As Katy Perry would say, wig!! Thank you so much :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

HiLove wrote:
As Katy Perry would say, wig!! Thank you so much :D
You're welcome. :mrgreen:

We'll be around if you have other questions.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:20 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:20 am