Community Forum

Grade horse??

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Asgaard
Visit My Farm

Grade horse??

Post by Asgaard »

Hi

This might be a weird question but I have just had a foal that turn out to be 100% Grade Horse. I can't find that breed in the breed wiki nor is it in the book store. So I was thinking, what is this "breed" as it does not seem to be a real breed?
I'm in no way a breeder, so this might be really obvious to other people, but i have never seen it before :?

The foal:
Asgaards Siff
Pieta
Visit My Farm

Re: Grade horse??

Post by Pieta »

Asgaard wrote:Hi

This might be a weird question but I have just had a foal that turn out to be 100% Grade Horse. I can't find that breed in the breed wiki nor is it in the book store. So I was thinking, what is this "breed" as it does not seem to be a real breed?
I'm in no way a breeder, so this might be really obvious to other people, but i have never seen it before :?

The foal:
Asgaards Siff
Hi, Grade Horse mean that he is a cross between multiple breeds.
Asgaard
Visit My Farm

Post by Asgaard »

Ahh okey, does that mean that it will have a clean slate when breeding it further, or does it still keep the other breeds?
Pieta wrote:
Asgaard wrote:Hi

The foal:
Asgaards Siff
Hi, Grade Horse mean that he is a cross between multiple breeds.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Asgaard wrote:Ahh okey, does that mean that it will have a clean slate when breeding it further, or does it still keep the other breeds?
Pieta wrote: Hi, Grade Horse mean that he is a cross between multiple breeds.
Clean slate. I haven't yet had a grade pop up an old breed as a cross. However, if you breed a grade to a cross horse (like forest x arabian), you can expect, for the most part, to get another grade. Though you could, under certain circumstances, get a crossed or mixed horse, showing one of the crossed horse breeds.

Grades are used quite successfully re-developing the body styles and altering the scores and stats of an existing line, without introducing a crossed breed into the mix. They can be quite handy.

Grade isn't in the wiki, but you can search for them on the market. They're the very first breed option.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Asgaard
Visit My Farm

Post by Asgaard »

Thank you so much for the explanation, it helped clear things up :)
BlackOak2 wrote: Clean slate. I haven't yet had a grade pop up an old breed as a cross. However, if you breed a grade to a cross horse (like forest x arabian), you can expect, for the most part, to get another grade. Though you could, under certain circumstances, get a crossed or mixed horse, showing one of the crossed horse breeds.

Grades are used quite successfully re-developing the body styles and altering the scores and stats of an existing line, without introducing a crossed breed into the mix. They can be quite handy.

Grade isn't in the wiki, but you can search for them on the market. They're the very first breed option.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Asgaard wrote:Thank you so much for the explanation, it helped clear things up :)
BlackOak2 wrote: Clean slate. I haven't yet had a grade pop up an old breed as a cross. However, if you breed a grade to a cross horse (like forest x arabian), you can expect, for the most part, to get another grade. Though you could, under certain circumstances, get a crossed or mixed horse, showing one of the crossed horse breeds.

:D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:52 pm