Community Forum

Why?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Why?

Post by Soaring Hooves »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2455411
That foal turned out half Canadian Warmblood when I crossed a ThoroughbredxCanadian Horse+ a Canadian Warmblood. Why did this happen? I'm so confused... :?
BlackOak2 wrote:you might be able to help
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Why?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Soaring Hooves wrote:https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2455411
That foal turned out half Canadian Warmblood when I crossed a ThoroughbredxCanadian Horse+ a Canadian Warmblood. Why did this happen? I'm so confused... :?
BlackOak2 wrote:you might be able to help
The canadian warmblood sire is fullblood. So since the other parent was already a crossed breed and not a mostly one over the other, then the foal is a half canadian warmblood. It didn't work unusually. What were you expecting? A grade?
If you want a grade, it's easiest to create a grade by crossing two cross-breed horses that do NOT have a shared breed between them.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

I was expecting a Canadian Warmblood :?
BlackOak2 wrote:
Soaring Hooves wrote:https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2455411
The canadian warmblood sire is fullblood. So since the other parent was already a crossed breed and not a mostly one over the other, then the foal is a half canadian warmblood. It didn't work unusually. What were you expecting? A grade?
If you want a grade, it's easiest to create a grade by crossing two cross-breed horses that do NOT have a shared breed between them.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Soaring Hooves wrote:I was expecting a Canadian Warmblood :?
BlackOak2 wrote:
Oh, too fulfill the recipe or complete the recipe quest.
In order for the recipe to work, you will need to follow the recipe. In this case the recipe states that you can create the canadian warmblood by using a thoroughbred and a canadian horse. By only using a thoroughbred and a canadian horse, will you have the chance of making a new 'foundation' canadian warmblood.

There is one exception, which the canadian warmblood recipe can take advantage of, and that is when only two breeds are required in a recipe. So you can use two horses that are BOTH thoroughbred x canadian horse, to also have a chance of creating the canadian warmblood.

So by using a canadian warmblood and crossing it to a canadian horse x thoroughbred, you are actually deviating from the correct recipe, which will NOT result in a new foundation horse, but it does mean you can return back to purebred in such a way as well.

So you have two options open. If you just wanted the warmblood breed, then you have a way to get back to purebred. But if you wanted a new foundation animal, you'll need to NOT use the warmblood, because it won't get you there.

Does that help?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Ohhh... I get it now! I am not trying for the quest, just trying to breed one :) Thanks!
BlackOak2 wrote:
Soaring Hooves wrote:I was expecting a Canadian Warmblood :?
Oh, too fulfill the recipe or complete the recipe quest.
In order for the recipe to work, you will need to follow the recipe. In this case the recipe states that you can create the canadian warmblood by using a thoroughbred and a canadian horse. By only using a thoroughbred and a canadian horse, will you have the chance of making a new 'foundation' canadian warmblood.

There is one exception, which the canadian warmblood recipe can take advantage of, and that is when only two breeds are required in a recipe. So you can use two horses that are BOTH thoroughbred x canadian horse, to also have a chance of creating the canadian warmblood.

So by using a canadian warmblood and crossing it to a canadian horse x thoroughbred, you are actually deviating from the correct recipe, which will NOT result in a new foundation horse, but it does mean you can return back to purebred in such a way as well.

So you have two options open. If you just wanted the warmblood breed, then you have a way to get back to purebred. But if you wanted a new foundation animal, you'll need to NOT use the warmblood, because it won't get you there.

Does that help?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Soaring Hooves wrote:Ohhh... I get it now! I am not trying for the quest, just trying to breed one :) Thanks!
Yes'um!

Good luck! :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 am