Community Forum

Temperament Help

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Temperament Help

Post by KYTrainer »

Hello. I have heard of this happening, but I have never experienced it myself.Horse

He is stuck at even tempered, although his sugar bar is full and since I read somewhere that protein boosts the effect, I have him on lots of protein. Is this a glitch and do I need to clear my cache? Or is he just stubborn?
BlackOak2 wrote:Errmmm... Help? :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Temperament Help

Post by BlackOak2 »

KYTrainer wrote:Hello. I have heard of this happening, but I have never experienced it myself.Horse

He is stuck at even tempered, although his sugar bar is full and since I read somewhere that protein boosts the effect, I have him on lots of protein. Is this a glitch and do I need to clear my cache? Or is he just stubborn?
BlackOak2 wrote:Errmmm... Help? :lol:
Though it is probable, considering we have 'stuck bombproof' types, to have stuck other temperaments, the community hasn't yet posted any that have been found.

What I have found, is that there can be a very wide range of temperament changers. I have worked with horses that seem to change as easily as a single turn, moving up or down. And I have worked with one particular horse that wasn't born bombproof, but took like 4 years to change out of that bombproof stage after being moved off of pasture he (or she, I don't remember which), took almost 2 years to move from temp to temp thereafter.

Plus there is some unsubstantiated claims that certain temp areas in certain horses are longer then the others, such as moving from bomb to even was quick, but moving through spirited took much longer then the others.

So, he could've been stubborn (I see he boosted to spirited in the time that I got around to your ping), or he could've been not eating just right (high sugar is usually the key to going up in temp, i.e. corn). Protein (performance mix), is usually used alongside cubes and weight gain (if needed) to help balance and slow down temperament change. At least, that's what I generally use. It doesn't always work when I need to use it though.

Temperament change rate, like temperament itself, is genetically linked, or appears to be. Such as, two horses that change temp easily and quickly, will more likely throw a foal that also does the same.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

BlackOak2 wrote:
KYTrainer wrote:Hello. I have heard of this happening, but I have never experienced it myself.Horse

Though it is probable, considering we have 'stuck bombproof' types, to have stuck other temperaments, the community hasn't yet posted any that have been found.

What I have found, is that there can be a very wide range of temperament changers. I have worked with horses that seem to change as easily as a single turn, moving up or down. And I have worked with one particular horse that wasn't born bombproof, but took like 4 years to change out of that bombproof stage after being moved off of pasture he (or she, I don't remember which), took almost 2 years to move from temp to temp thereafter.

Plus there is some unsubstantiated claims that certain temp areas in certain horses are longer then the others, such as moving from bomb to even was quick, but moving through spirited took much longer then the others.

So, he could've been stubborn (I see he boosted to spirited in the time that I got around to your ping), or he could've been not eating just right (high sugar is usually the key to going up in temp, i.e. corn). Protein (performance mix), is usually used alongside cubes and weight gain (if needed) to help balance and slow down temperament change. At least, that's what I generally use. It doesn't always work when I need to use it though.

Temperament change rate, like temperament itself, is genetically linked, or appears to be. Such as, two horses that change temp easily and quickly, will more likely throw a foal that also does the same.
Yes, he took his time though! It’s been like 1.5 years since he turned even :? And both his parents change quick (though I don’t watch my mares closely sometimes, when they’re born I just give them 100% weight gain and 25% corn, so I don’t have to mess with feed.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

KYTrainer wrote: Yes, he took his time though! It’s been like 1.5 years since he turned even :? And both his parents change quick (though I don’t watch my mares closely sometimes, when they’re born I just give them 100% weight gain and 25% corn, so I don’t have to mess with feed.
I haven't done any study on if it's a recessive type, dominant, build-able or flat. So I'm not sure how they move or when they'll change. It does seem like, however, that the calmer the temperament, the harder it is to breed a more excitable temperament, so it could be that the higher are recessive, or that the calmer are the build-able type. I just don't know. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

BlackOak2 wrote:
KYTrainer wrote: Yes, he took his time though! It’s been like 1.5 years since he turned even :? And both his parents change quick (though I don’t watch my mares closely sometimes, when they’re born I just give them 100% weight gain and 25% corn, so I don’t have to mess with feed.
I haven't done any study on if it's a recessive type, dominant, build-able or flat. So I'm not sure how they move or when they'll change. It does seem like, however, that the calmer the temperament, the harder it is to breed a more excitable temperament, so it could be that the higher are recessive, or that the calmer are the build-able type. I just don't know. :mrgreen:
Ooh! Well, if you ever do a study I will defiantly read!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

KYTrainer wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Ooh! Well, if you ever do a study I will defiantly read!
Since I'm a breeder and not a competitor, it will likely not come to pass. :mrgreen: However, if one were to keep their eyes open and watch how other bloodlines progress, train and perform, there's a good chance the temperament patterns will become apparent. That is how I have the information on temperament thus far that I do.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

BlackOak2 wrote:
KYTrainer wrote: Ooh! Well, if you ever do a study I will defiantly read!
Since I'm a breeder and not a competitor, it will likely not come to pass. :mrgreen: However, if one were to keep their eyes open and watch how other bloodlines progress, train and perform, there's a good chance the temperament patterns will become apparent. That is how I have the information on temperament thus far that I do.
:D :) :lol: I can keep my eyes open, and maybe me and a few of my "colleagues" ( :lol: ) can compare notes.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:D
Yup!
:mrgreen: