Community Forum

Gender effecting height

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
ADownCenterline
Visit My Farm

Gender effecting height

Post by ADownCenterline »

I've noticed that gender effects height immensely. It's really offputting when I'm aiming for a certain breed and I have really short mares, and crossing them with super tall stallions will still get me a super short filly. I bred a 14.1 mare to a 17hh stallion and the resulting filly failed her eval for height suggesting she'd still be under 15hh. That's happened multiple times and it's just not that realistic and very frustrating when many of the player's (if not all?) are trying to create new breeds. I know many have been successful, but many have not and it's amazingly hard to progress when you can't breed a thoroughbred filly from a cross that historically produces thoroughbred colts. So it would be nice if the height deficit for fillies could be turned down a few notches.
TBE
Visit My Farm

Re: Gender effecting height

Post by TBE »

ADownCenterline wrote:I've noticed that gender effects height immensely. It's really offputting when I'm aiming for a certain breed and I have really short mares, and crossing them with super tall stallions will still get me a super short filly. I bred a 14.1 mare to a 17hh stallion and the resulting filly failed her eval for height suggesting she'd still be under 15hh. That's happened multiple times and it's just not that realistic and very frustrating when many of the player's (if not all?) are trying to create new breeds. I know many have been successful, but many have not and it's amazingly hard to progress when you can't breed a thoroughbred filly from a cross that historically produces thoroughbred colts. So it would be nice if the height deficit for fillies could be turned down a few notches.
I agree it took me for ever to get akhel teke and they are easy but I was getting really short mares that went from 13.0 to 13.1
ADownCenterline
Visit My Farm

I know some Akhal Teke mares and they are certainly not tiny pony height. They're 15hh+.
ruby_jane
Visit My Farm

Post by ruby_jane »

I just wish that mares could be as tall as stallions
ADownCenterline
Visit My Farm

I also realized how inflated the price for mares is, I'm trying to sell some 4* colts and they're not selling at below 1k. Any mare I've tried to sell has been sold instantly.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

I've had a second look at this code and I've decided I'll reduce the gender effect by half. I won't probably get to this today (small chance I might) but I do hear your complaints and I can see how this is causing an issue.
ADownCenterline
Visit My Farm

Thank you thank you thank you! Great to know I've picked a game with understanding admins :)
ruby_jane
Visit My Farm

Post by ruby_jane »

Thank you!!
Arabela
Visit My Farm

Post by Arabela »

This is great news. I've been and am so frustrated with getting colts on or over the expected height only to have the filly's small enough to go into my handbag and useless to me. Thanks for looking into this Larissar.
desertrose984
Visit My Farm

Post by desertrose984 »

yes i have noticed this as well and i also notice there are more better colts then fillies, it is easier to get better colts then fillies
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:09 am