Community Forum

Need Percheron Breeding tips.

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
AnukaRocks!2004
Visit My Farm

Need Percheron Breeding tips.

Post by AnukaRocks!2004 »

Hi! everytime I try to breed a norman cob to try and breed a percheron, the foal comes out as a Half Belgian and nothing more. i have tried a bunch and even double checked that i have the right combonations. but do i need to get the crossbreed name EXACTLY like how it is put in the Breeds wiki? please help if you have bred the norman cob and percheron!
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Re: Need Percheron Breeding tips.

Post by Tjigra »

AnukaRocks!2004 wrote:Hi! everytime I try to breed a norman cob to try and breed a percheron, the foal comes out as a Half Belgian and nothing more. i have tried a bunch and even double checked that i have the right combonations. but do i need to get the crossbreed name EXACTLY like how it is put in the Breeds wiki? please help if you have bred the norman cob and percheron!
I have a Norman Cob that has produced a Percheron. He is up for stud.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1966616

You need to follow the recipe as long as you have the right breeds in right combinations. You have to breed a Norman Cob and a Forest x Belgian cross. Norman x Forest bred to Belgian won't work, Norman x Belgian to Forest won't work either. The combination has to be correct, but further than that, you can variate. Doesn't matter which breed is the mare and which is the stallion. Doesn't matter if they're purebred, part, half or even mixed, as long as they don't have any other breeds listed but what the recipe calls for, it's ok.
What you have to get right though, is breed evaluation for the foal. All four evaluations must fall inside the brackets your intended breed calls for, or the foal will be a cross instead of the new breed. The parent's should not evaluate good for these, it's only the foals evaluation that matters (like you can breed a too tall mare with too small stallion and get a foal that is the right height).
Good luck :)
AnukaRocks!2004
Visit My Farm

Re: Need Percheron Breeding tips.

Post by AnukaRocks!2004 »

tysm!! this helps me out loads! i need to find a smaller or taller mare/stallion now.. lol
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:47 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:47 am