Community Forum

Colt

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Colt

Post by RoseeDelight »

My colt who is still nursing his dam is not being fed enough for energy. What do I do? His dam is not underweight or anything, in fact, she's in perfect health!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: Colt

Post by PeacefulOreo »

RoseeDelight wrote:My colt who is still nursing his dam is not being fed enough for energy. What do I do? His dam is not underweight or anything, in fact, she's in perfect health!
Putting the colt in a pasture should help with that
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

He is in a pasture...
He's weaned now, so he's fine, but I'd still like advice in case it happens in the future.
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm

Post by Jockey's Holding »

RoseeDelight wrote:He is in a pasture...
He's weaned now, so he's fine, but I'd still like advice in case it happens in the future.
Because there are a lot of horses in that pasture, the pasture quality is down (50.4%). This means that there is less grass for all the horses to eat right now. Thus, while your colt is still with his dam, you must add some extra food for him to eat, not just rely on her milk. I see that now you have given him weight gain mix, which is good! However, the next time you have a foal that is starting to lose energy, check your pasture quality. Even though my pasture is at 100% right now, when I put my foals in it, I still give them 55% yellow corn to avoid energy loss.
Each foal is different in how much extra food he/she may need, however, be careful that you do not overfeed one of your horses. If you are overfeeding one, the "regular feed" and "max feed" numbers will turn red (they are located directly underneath the "daily energy" bars). Then your horse will lose energy as well. Does that help?
"A racehorse is the only animal that can take several thousand people for a ride at the same time."
Jockey at No Surrender Acres, proud breeder of the Thoroughbred, Hanoverian, and Quarter Horse since 2018.
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

Yes, thank you so much!
Only one question...How do you feed a colt that is still on his dam?
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm

RoseeDelight wrote:Yes, thank you so much!
So, you can actually feed him the exact same way you do when he's weaned. Here's an example: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2410559. If you look down at his feeding tab, you see that he is grazing, on his dam's milk, but also eating 55% yellow corn. I'm guessing that the colt you're talking about is Prince (https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2534571)? You set his feed to weight gain mix now that he is weaned, but you can actually do it before he is weaned too. So, for this guy (https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2536527) you can set his extra feed to 55%-60% yellow corn (just my recommendation) right now! Just be careful with Prince, his feed numbers are red, which means he's eating too much and may begin losing energy. :)
"A racehorse is the only animal that can take several thousand people for a ride at the same time."
Jockey at No Surrender Acres, proud breeder of the Thoroughbred, Hanoverian, and Quarter Horse since 2018.
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm

RoseeDelight wrote:Yes, thank you so much!
Wait a minute, I think I know what you're talking about. You have to buy a barn. Then you can put the newborn foal in the barn, set the foal's extra feed at whatever you want it to be, and put it back out in the pasture. Sorry about that! :oops:
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

Thank you so much! I am currently saving to buy a barn. I really appreciate the help, thank you again!
P.S. Yes, the foal I was referring to is Prince.
Jockey's Holding
Visit My Farm

RoseeDelight wrote:Thank you so much! I am currently saving to buy a barn. I really appreciate the help, thank you again!
P.S. Yes, the foal I was referring to is Prince.
No problem! If you want, I could give you 45k right now (then you could afford a medium barn). Or if you would rather just save for the barn, that's awesome too! :)
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

Well, if you are willing to give me that, I'll sell you any of my horses except Stardust and Cosmic Cowboy for that price-readily, too!
Sapphire is already for sale, offers only, if you want her. Thunder Destiny is also for sale, with offers as an option.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:05 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:05 am