Community Forum

Percherons

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Keezheekoni
Visit My Farm

Percherons

Post by Keezheekoni »

About the Percheron:

Source
The Percheron has a very pleasing disposition. He is proud, alert, intelligent and willing worker. Percherons are usually black or grey, but there are also sorrels, bays, roans, etc. Many Percherons have white markings on the head and feet, but excessive white is undesirable. Percherons range in height from 15 to 19 hands high, most are between 16-2 and 17-3 hands high. They can weigh up to 2600 pounds with the average around 1900. Percherons are noted for heavy muscling in the lower thighs and for an aspect of unusual ruggedness and power. Also characteristic of the Percheron is the clean action and quality conformation of the feet and legs. An ideal horse should have a fairly long level croup with a big round hip. He should be close coupled and wide and deep through the chest, with plenty of back rib. The muscles of the arms, forearms, croup and gaskins plenty are especially emphasized in a good drafter, and ease and balance of gait is essential. He is also expected to be of marked tractability and an easy keeper.

The Percheron head and neck are typical of the most attractive draft horse character. Good Percherons have a large and full prominent eye, a broad and full forehead, and straight face. His strong jaw and refined ears attractively set and carried with animation, suggests his arabian ancestry. Stallions should have a ruggedness about the head and mares should have a feminine look.

The Percheron is very versatile. They are readily adapted to varying climates and conditions. They have the strength to pull heavy loads and the graceful style to pull a fine carriage. Percherons can be ridden and some have been known to make fine jumpers.

The Percheron is very handy in saving the young trees in smaller wood lot operations as they do not need a wide road everywhere they work. They can get on and work ground where even the most modern tractors fail. Their independent four wheel drive conquers mud and snow to the shame of all man made machines. There is a definite place on almost every farm for a team of Percheron horses, whether it be for work or play.
Theres obviously going to be Sub-Communities and Programs that we will probably make in groups

I'd like to start a group that specifically breeds for Greys, non-roman noses/slender faces, and other key characteristics, still keeping Greys as the top priority excluding Faulty and fleabitten. I personally prefer sleek, shiny coats and cropped tails, which I hope will be added in the future.

Paints (this includes pinto, appaloosa, and anything in-between) should probably be veered away from in any percheron specific breeding programs-though this is completely your choice of you make a close nit group of painted percherons- as most drafts are not known best for being super colorful, and percherons don't typically have much white to begin with.
Last edited by Keezheekoni on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keezheekoni
Visit My Farm

Sub-Cummunities

Post by Keezheekoni »

Here will be the list of Sub communities and their requirements

WIP
Last edited by Keezheekoni on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keezheekoni
Visit My Farm

Registered Percherons

Post by Keezheekoni »

This is where the list of percherons will be, please feel free to fill out the following form and post it below to have your percherons added to this list :)

Code: Select all

*REGISTRATION FORM*
 Owner:
 Name(W/ Link):
 Color:
 COI%:
 Any Comps?:
List of Stallions:
Owner: Kintara/Millwood
Name(W/ Link): Nugget
Color: Palomino
For Stud?: Yes ($500)
COI%: 1.56%
Any Comps?: N/A

Owner: DELTARIDER
Name(W/ Link): Zephan
Color: Bay Pangere
For Stud/Brood?: Yes
COI%: 3.13%
Any Comps?: N/A (possibly later on)

Name(W/ Link): Imar
Color: too young to determine
For Stud/Brood?: Will be once he's of age
COI%: 0%
Any Comps?: N/A(possibly later on)
List of Mares:
Name(W/ Link): Erskina
Color: Chestnut Pangere
Any Comps?: N/A (possibly later on)
List of Geldings:
Last edited by Keezheekoni on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Percherons

Post by larissar »

I'll join you in the breeding program. I love Percherons too. I haven't managed to create on just yet but thats only because I don't have a lot of time to play. I do have a grey Arab stallion in my herd who I'm hoping will do good to add the grey gene into my Percherons.
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Post by Millwood »

I have this Percheron stallion up for stud, he's Palomino
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/38831
Keezheekoni
Visit My Farm

Post by Keezheekoni »

okay so I posted a code for registering a percheron to the main base here, :)

I went and already placed Nugget in the studs/stallions list so you don't have to worry about filling out the form this time ^^ but its there for anyone who posts them on THIS page
DELTARIDER
Visit My Farm

Post by DELTARIDER »

Awesome idea Keezheekoni, thanks for keeping it organized! :D

Name(W/ Link): Zephan http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/34841
Color: Bay Pangere
Any Comps?: I haven't started entering player managed comps yet if that's what you mean?

Name(W/ Link): Erskina http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/44237
Color: Chestnut Pangere
For Stud/Brood?: As far as I know there's no brood feature, but I'd be open to discussing :)
Any Comps?: same as above

Name(W/ Link): Imar http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/49317
Color: too young to determine
For Stud/Brood?: Will be once he's of age
COI%: 0%
Any Comps?: same as above
Keezheekoni
Visit My Farm

Post by Keezheekoni »

I should have placed this before but brood means they are being use to have foals, some people only use them for comps
DELTARIDER
Visit My Farm

Post by DELTARIDER »

Oh, ok. In that case, yes, she's a broodmare :)
Tygrus
Visit My Farm

Post by Tygrus »

I am new but plan on working towards Percherons and American Cream Drafts.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 6:08 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:08 am